Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Џоле View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Џоле Quote  Post ReplyReply #101 Posted: 14-Oct-2013 at 09:03
Секогаш се ежам кога го слушам гласот на Вања Лазарова во песни! И тоа поради некое измешано чувство на тага и радост што го предизвикува кај мене.
За сè има вторпат
+Protagorist View Drop Down

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #102 Posted: 14-Oct-2013 at 09:35

her voice is matrixcatcher and u can use it in any situation, she is true interpreter of the universal macedonian echoes that are bouncing even in our time!

coz profane sound, i have put those geomorphological links as attribute in the last post, altho her voice is out of this world and have deep symbiotic connection with the heavenly realms, as docu-title says two voices from one throat!

to be real you need to ask your self - who am i, do i know where am i, how can i be what my ancestors were...

song,song,song...

Edited by +Protagorist - 14-Oct-2013 at 12:33
HaјсилнoтoOpужјe е вo caмитeHac cинaпoвo3pнo co НaдeжВepaЉубoв

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #103 Posted: 14-Oct-2013 at 13:30

with torment i was born, with torment i will die, write my torment on my grave!

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #104 Posted: 14-Oct-2013 at 18:19

for me is cynism to call myself macedonian if i dont know to play and dance at least three ora, and sing at least three songs, something that today is reality with our kids if not elders, coz they know mainly turbofolk songs, let'em be global enjoying own forgetfulness while there are others that want to become at least naturalized macedonians [1][2][3][4][5]

if many dont have real idea about omni-popular balkan bands like Leb i Sol [1][2][3] - [1][2][3] then why expecting that they will have any about traditional words of our unknown genius and our traditional music... this sounds ambiguous but the reality is that here traditional ideology (eg.japanese way of life) is disappearing as ideal and surviving only as reminiscence backed by actors or merchants!

Translated from Macedonian, Leb i Sol, means “bread and salt” – a typical offering to guests in traditional Macedonian folk culture. If you were a traveller and you arrived at a Macedonian village in the not-so-distant past, you would be offered these simple but nourishing provisions; bread baked by the household and salt for flavour and to replenish the vital bodily salts lost on the travels. Though the times have changed, Leb i Sol remain bearers of Macedonian culture incorporating the folk music of their homeland with the modern sounds of instrumental jazz and rock.
Since their inception in 1976, their relentless touring ethic has taken them from Skopje, the capital of Macedonia, to LA, Uzbekistan, France, Canada, playing in classic rock venues like CBGBs to the opera houses in Canada and stadiums in the Balkans. Excited about the prospect of playing in Australia (and their first time “below the equator”) I asked Bodan Arsovski, the bass player, about their influences.

“The inspiration is coming from the Macedonian folk music which is very important, but jazz and rock are the sensibility.” Comparisons can be made to bands like the Mahavishnu Orchestra and Weather Report which feature a high level of musicianship typical of the progressive music of the ‘70s. What is more intriguing is how they incorporate this with Macedonian folk music.

Coming from a Macedonian background, I am familiar with the sounds and stories of the nation’s folk songs. The songs deal with universal human problems and they have, like most folk music, a timeless quality. For Australian audiences, Macedonian folk music may seem like a foreign proposition. I asked Bodan to describe the sounds. “Macedonian folk music is very original, most of the songs are full of sadness, pride, epic with deep emotions; some of them are full of happiness, clever, as you say ‘timeless’. In most of them the rhythm is irregular... the time signatures are 7/8, 9/8, 11/16, 13/16... I have a thought that it is very old 'court music'”. The music uses the Phrygian major scale [1], familiar in Middle Eastern music, however the major tone gives the music a bitter-sweet quality.

Although Bodan describes it as “court music” some of the stories transport the listener to the Eastern-European village. A song that Leb i Sol cover called Uci me Majko, Karaj me majko (Teach Me Mother, Lecture Me Mother) revolves around a young man called Stojan, who asks his mother how to court a young woman, called Lilijana. She advises him to build a fountain – a source of water for the village – something so taken for granted in modern society. He builds the fountain and 300 countrymen arrive and all the lady's friends but as the story goes – “that bitch Lilijana didn't show.”

Regarding the timeless quality of the music, Bodan states his solo goal has been on other tours (such as Shadows In The Night) to reinvent the ancient (pagan) Dionysian festivities: “Those festivities were happening in the region in four well known antique theaters (Stobi, Heraclea, Lihnidos and Skupi) for a couple of millennia. I have tried to catch spirit of those localities and to represent the story of the origins of civilisation.”

Their 30th anniversary live DVD shows the intense bond between the band and a stadium of fans displaying a continuation of local energy and their music. Through evolving line-ups (they even had a certified guitar hero in Vltako Stefanovski for a period) the band have remained true to their original sound but sometimes with different configurations. Most recently they performed with symphony orchestra but on their Australian tour they will come as a (rearranged) five piece with Bodan, bass, Nikola Kokan Dimushevski, keyboards, Micho Bozikov, lead guitar and Mihail Parushev on drums. Inspired by the success of their thirtieth anniversary tour in 2007, the band entered the studio to record ITAKANATAKA (Like this... and onwards) a recording that captures their “trademark instrumental sound” with a modern approach to recording. The band are thrilled to be touring this album in Australia: “There is a feeling similar to first coming to USA in 1982. We would like Australians to hear our music, to feel our energy and I think all together we will have a good time.”
http://www.beat.com.au/music/leb-i-sol

Edited by +Protagorist - 03-Aug-2015 at 16:26

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #105 Posted: 15-Oct-2013 at 04:55

another macedonian crossover band that had made our national rebirth through our ethno scene is Mizar [1][2][3] they shifted the scene to more deeper prisms of sounds than LS, mingling own ideas among orthodox and ethno music through its heavy guitars in such a way that they became one of the best ex-yu avantgard bands, even more than popular coz they've publicly passed artistically nationalist songs, which back then were heresy in the last yu-federation eg. our traditional song about the abolition of the Ohrid Archiepiscopy coz greek slander in thee song Summer of 1762 [1][2][3] their latest hit after their reunion was about the macedonian refugees from the greek civil war

Q: Can you overcome and upgrade once given concept of the rock'n'roll, Byzantine and traditional Macedonian folklore music mixture you've so successfully interlaced in the past?
    A: Mizar wouldn't be what it is if there wasn't this mixture of so different personalities andpersonal afinities in the band. That was the actual “thing” that defined our band's music temperament. These things that many thought they're unmixable, and so incompatible, we did mix and interlace in one creative music wholeness. As for example, we did manage to creatively introduce the folklore drums and zurlas into the po[pular rock-expression.
    Today, many says that in the music universe – everything is already played and done. We don't believe in that.

Mizar is the band that in the 80's promoted the Macedonian culture in the frames not only of the former Yugoslavia, but even wider, in many countries of Europe. At the same time Mizar had the name as one of the most popular bands in the former Yugoslavia, based on its avant-garde sound image, and built not only upon the – until then – unseen mixture and interlacing of the rock'n'roll, ethnic and traditional folklore sound matrix, but also upon the texts given in Macedonian language: in that time and conditions, that was almost sacrilege.
    The first album Mizar (as the band's name) is their first album in the popular (read: rock'n'roll) music ever recorded in Macedonian language. Although disputed by the regime at that time – with a censorship of their songs and banning of their video-clips, with the great support of their audience and fans – the band still manage to reach the top of all of the top-lists in former Yugolsavia.
    Mizar, by the way, terminologically is named by “the Star of Hope” – the Star that is believed has the power to unite the Christians and Muslims. The travellers during their journey through the desert, orientated their way by this Star – the Mizar.
    The rise of this group leads to their first album – simply called Mizar. It happened in the studio “Tivoli” in Ljubljana, in the autumn 1987. The album appeared at the spring of the 1988. This album was selected as the Best Album in Yugoslavia for that year.

With the multimedia project “Macedonian Streljba”, Mizar united the most of the creative young forces in Macedonia to express themselves through the art and all of its forms – as the theater, film, painting, music…“Macedonian Streljba” was a project that, in some way, open the gates of the new expression form not only in the former Yugoslavia cultural scene (with the later appearance of the Neue Slovenische Kunst), but even wider in Europe. The Project ended with official censorship and blackmailing and oppression upon the participators by the Police and other Intelligence Services of the former Yugoslavia. Most of the actual participators in that project, today are the renomated and well-known cultural personalities and authors in Macedonia and abroad.
    The period from 1978-1989, for Mizar was a period of fully promoting its ideas, values and qualities in all fields of culture, participating in the music-forming of the theater, film and exhibions country-wide.
    What concerns the music, Mizar fully dedicates uypon the culture of their roots and traditions. At the same time, they were ready for the second album.
    Свјат Dreams was the name of this music announcement. It was inspired by the idea for linkage the multiple cultural codes through the interlaced, but single music expression. That was confirmed by the remix (the remake) – as the cover-version – of the Eurythmics’ classic hit Sweet Dreams in a ambiental version with archaic way of the vocals, that translates, through the Byzantine manner of singing, up to an eruptive rock-explosion – symbolically expressing the element that now links all the people – and that element is – the music itself.
    The album was officialy published in 1991, in the Eve of the Macedonian Independence and the Referendum, the first free elections in Macedonia, and in the eve of the war that threatened the former Yugoslavia at that time. Soon after that, Mizar quited its work.
    All until today.
http://www.blesok.com.mk/tekst.asp?lang=eng&tekst=499&str=1#

Edited by +Protagorist - 06-Nov-2014 at 18:34

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #106 Posted: 15-Oct-2013 at 09:10

Originally posted by Max

altho we have many ethno-pop-rock names [1] there are also etno-classic crossover interpreters like Dragan Dautovski [1], Anastasia [1], Synthesis [1], Baklava [1], Monistra [1], Ljubojna [1], Petar Rendzov [1]

if our Balkan is something like small sleeping China [1][2][3] then Macedonia is musical pearl on that balcony sharing its mediterran flexibility with words,voices and melodies throughout the centuries... as one of our brightest ideologist said "I understand the world solely as a field for cultural competition among the nations" [1] altho his predecessors from this land pointed that not every competition free our souls "Music directly imitates the passions or states of the soul...when one listens to music that imitates a certain passion, he becomes imbued withthe same passion; and if over a long time he habitually listens to music that rouses ignoble passions, his whole character will be shaped to an ignoble form" [1] yet today any music could be easily forwarded to other emotional pitch just by its video or one that is added to it, in a way storing its essence in a momentum bubble of creativity   

Edited by +Protagorist - 15-Oct-2013 at 09:20

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #107 Posted: 16-Oct-2013 at 07:58

in this century best macedonian represent was our national warbler late Todor Proeski which album Bozilak added new classical note to the local ethno sound [1][2][3] Bozilak is vernacular name for Vinozito both words expression for Rainbow, first one with etymology as GodsBow and the second one as Wine+Wheat (blood and bread) in both cases as album name symbolically showing us that our traditional music is blessing a Gift from God or if u like Gods Arrow which if is shared with love from pure heart could blossom all the buds around

Toshe was macedonian aroman who as such united all the balkans for a moment, intentionally dismantling balkan borders through his music [1][2][3] beside his bright voice he had also bright habits as were his: sincere faith, pure love, strong will, great charity, superstar modesty and endurable healthy spirit, thus educate and remind all balkan people on the righteous path of unity... Todor was and stil is rare cultural revolutionary who through his gifts has united different and pacify furious on this peninsula!

today is his remembrance day when many balkan fans are paying respect in his native town Krusevo where he had procession as national hero [1] sadly but if his being didnt stumble upon balkan highway trap (ironically this highway early was called brotherhood & unity), he would spread even further his rainbows like silk shawl of happiness in balkans and beyond - he simply fulfiled many hearts with empathy after latest balkanism [1] which in the end trapped his melodic flavors - My opinion is that we lost him in balkan contrived accident which here is most common tactic for message delivery to someone or something [1] nevertheless its tragedy that couldnt be avoided because it was his choice to go that morning on car-trip altho on tight skedule, it was opposite combination but same consequence with our late president Boris who went to plane instead of car despite he was urge not to use it etc.

i can say with confidence that if Nikola Karev was president of the famous Krusevo Republic in the beginning of the last century, at the end of that same century Todor Proeski became king of this famous city, from there he conquered all balkan hearts, normally Krusevo is balkans highest altitude town so it was fast enough that through period of few year he became singer with status as balkan tzar, his empire lasted 10 years from his appearance on the scene in 1997 til his passover in 2007

let him Rest in Peace as great macedonian Christian he deserves it! btw if he knew that people will raise him statues around, he would probably stop singing coz his goal was equality not idolatry! definitely its enough respect on postmark, marathon or charity, but kitsch statues, at least its disgrace [1][2][3]

National institution “Memorial House Todor Proeski” Object made from emotion, rather than to provoke emotion Macedonia`s Singer Who Touched the Hearts of Millions Located on the Gumenje settlement in Krushevo, Memorial House Todor Proeski is build in memory of late Macedonian singer who died in car crush 4 years ago. His name means nothing to most of the Europe, but international media reported the sudden death of the 26 year-old pop star which plunged the Balkans into mourning. The news of his death was greeted in the region with the kind of grief that followed the deaths of Elvis Presley and John Lennon. Tose Proeski - the idol, the icon, the nightingale with an angelic voice - the young singer, and now his memory, represents the worries, dreams and illusions of the entire nation. One of the most popular pop icons in the entire Balkans region the Macedonian government named an honorary citizen for his exceptional achievements in the arts and humanitarian work. In addition to his music career, Proeski had contributed heavily to humanitarian actions and was a regional goodwill ambassador for the United Nations children's agency, UNICEF. [1][2][3]

Edited by +Protagorist - 16-Oct-2013 at 10:51

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #108 Posted: 16-Oct-2013 at 22:53

one band that has bright future, if continues with its contemporarlly minimal etno sound, is the sweetest Baklava from Skopje which members were teached by our most precious names of our traditional sound, Elena was polished by Vanya and Sibo em Stamche by Petse... [1] and if every Baklava as dessert has nuts, probably as band their calmness is their walnut, and their relation between the present and the past is their sherbet! Try listen them in nature, upon the peaks or down at the streams, maybe inbetween near the caves, then take some actual baklava softened by boza or borovnitsa and reach for the stars, then if u want more e.g. to jump even beyond the stars, then try learn some macedonian song and make ur own baklava [1][2][3]

my moment of clarity about them is that they bring fresh air in our yard and community, which from time to time could burst in colorful fireworks! their latest turko-latin excursion for example, known as ME MANKAS MUCHO i.e. I miss you very much ... along the beautiful countries, on the Sephardic track... [1][2][3] actually it could be argued that this fresh air in fact is fresh smell from the Sibo's pan, where if now is mostly baked baklava in the begging publicly was stirred only ayvar [1][2][3]

Originally posted by Max

this paradox from all balkan ethnocentrism is simply elaborated in the satirical documentary - whose is this song [1][2][3] in which I can gladly add that only in macedonia was honestly stated that its cover of turkish song
Originally posted by beTon

Whose is this song ? Cija je ovo pesma ? Cia e tazi pesen?
1. Albania- n/n  
2. Bosnia- Pogledaj me anadolko [1]  
3. Bulgaria- Jasen mesec [1]
4. Greece- Ehasa mantili / Apo xeno topo [1][2  
5. Israel- Der terk in america [1]
5. Lebanon&Iraq- Talama Ashku Gharami [1][2]
6. Macedonia- Oy Devoyche Devoyche / Oy ti patso drenovchanke 1]
7. Serbia- Ruse kose curo imash [1][2]
8. Turkey- Üsküdar'a gider iken [1][2
9. pop covers- [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
its strange how so all balkan nations has adequate cover version of this song, but see it as own instead common heritage from the times of the ottoman empire, so it could became even inspiration in future [1] but on other hand as melody is triumphal echo from the ottoman siege of Constantinople, tho today has own popular words [1] here in Macedonia this song got more picturesque meaning but with similar conquering motif as five centuries earlier that ottomans had, yet more on personal level where young boy is trying to get beautiful tetovo girl by any mean!
every version is nice, normally for us our is best, stil Baklava officially with video has supported the multilingual version [1] although they have been interpreting the traditional one also, but rather as national duty than post-convicted-obligation, maybe tomorrow in some local arrangement they will perform the european hymn too as their compatriot mr.Gish have already done [1]

Edited by +Protagorist - 06-Nov-2014 at 18:58

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #109 Posted: 17-Oct-2013 at 22:43
for sure best ethno band that we had was Anastasia worldwide famous by their OST for the MM's first movie BTR actually they were ex-mizar members even sound as mizar but now more purified with dominant traditional instruments [1][2] tho after while they hooked up on '90 eccentricity euphoria probably so it could easily bring our tradition to more souls as posible, even they've been captured on some dance flor in some basement like mnt,metropol or menada - our best three skopye sanctuaries for electronic performances back in the '90, so they released their Nocturnal [1][2] as evolved creature which lacked movie support not that there werent candidates [1] which actualy ended also with extra st's
The album itself has a meditative feeling, and even though different moods prevail, the playing is lyrical, sensitive, and subtle. It opens mysteriously with "Time Never Dies," a track with a dreamy intro played on psaltir and distant clay pot percussion that suddenly bursts in the middle. And that sets the tone really for all that is to follow throughout the album. The beauty of it is captured both through simple but impressive melodies as well as dense and mysterious sound worlds and textures... [1]
Macedonia was a province of the former Yugoslavia, so almost all the bands except Leb i Sol were treated in that way. Being a band from Macedonia in the Former Yougoslavia meant being far away from the record companies centralized mainly in centers like Belgrade and Zagreb, and far away from the main concert halls.
I think we actually gained from the discontinuation of the former Yugoslav state. On the one hand we lost the privileges of working in one big state without borders, but we were forced to directly "attack" the European music centres, which indirectly helped us win success in the main cities of former Yugoslavia... [1]

i am not sure which etiquette suits them more - ethno, neofolk or ritualfolk, but they vanished quietly as they arrived smoothly officially without any!
from this group only one that survived on the scene is Zlatko who managed few good projects from which most popular were two, first one collaboration on Deteto i Beloto More and the second one whole music for Karolinas album Makedonsko Devoyce [1], pretty different than his early works which were more contemporary [1]

Edited by +Protagorist - 06-Nov-2014 at 19:16

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #110 Posted: 18-Oct-2013 at 07:08

all of these above spread macedonian sound loud, but usually within our cities and across our mountains, then there are few that promote our heritage mostly outside, who else if not jazzers like Zoran Madzirov, Toni Kitanovski, Petar Rendzov und Mitan Project   
all mentioned are names with history who are storming loud and proud in the jazz world, yet among the common people more emotions evoke light-jazz etno pieces, like next three which are epic, mainly released as odd personal owe to the country...

1. transcedental Oktoechoes or orthodox voyage upon the sounds of Kokan
2. peacefull Krushevo an accoustic jam from Vlatko & Miro which ill say even wildfire can extinguish
3. energetic Macedonian Heart beats in 7/8 released by Tavitian Trio who invited best balkan voices to perform traditional macedonian songs on that crossover praise to our culture

Edited by +Protagorist - 06-Nov-2014 at 19:21

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #111 Posted: 18-Oct-2013 at 19:20
normally we have interpreters who are weaving classical moods over our traditional music, pouring exotic streams among our waterfalls giving more glittering rainbows as misty result... usually around the world similar projects ends up rather like music for film & theater than mass-public ethno-delivery service, but here all of them are becoming exactly that pushing people to extended happiness...
among them most notable are Sythesis recently followed by the most promising Monistra, then maybe from the same pot could be puled Mitan but coz their subtle electricity i've put them among ethno-jazzers, where probably could be placed also another runover project from this category called Love is the way from DukeB, also our piano maestro Simon for now have few crossovers on his repertoar [1] altho all of our famous classical pieces are deepen in folk music [1][2][3][4] so it could become some kind of exotic break for aristocracy, which as audience actually is not aware that all classic composers have used tradion as base eg. counterpoint is derived from the early german musical language etc.

if i see better from our recent folklore rearrangement (from the end of the last and the beginning of this new century0 we have ethnorock, ritualethno, ethnopop, ethnominimal, ethnoelectro, ethnojazz and ethnoclassic, so as music scene i think we have only ethno as best of Macedonia, everything else is just coffee brake or backdoor escape, even those escapes like Foltin like it or not sounds ethno dispite their bitola-forro

what to say, when our president must stand stil til his ethno musical escort dont finish, when as first among the equals he stood in such way then we the equals have even bigger obligation to such behavior, yes musical code of honer but who is aware of that [1] actually our traditional sound is our best ambassador and our first and last line of defense, plus inbetween he is one that gives welcomes,connections,blossoms and passover acceptance, thats why i observed that everybody need to learn some traditional vibes if they want to be real macedonians, coz Macedonia mainly is cultural vibe not some ego story bordered with this or that, and thats why we dont mind and give chance to others to call or be them self macedonians too! altho coz they cant, dont want or dont care, probably from envy, they are denying us that born-right... (sorry for my subconscious reflections)

strange but this crossovers are only possible way so one can be tuned correctly to the raw traditional sound, but one should be careful not to stick to those compromises as final and best echoes from this area, they are just buffers for the modern times in which we are truly disconnected from our local cultural genes, constantly drowning in mediocre globalism of folk,rock and electro shunt!

maybe we are not last local ethno umbrella, but for sure we are largest one, standing against the globalized acidic rain as universal alkaline shield...

Edited by +Protagorist - 19-Oct-2013 at 02:10

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #112 Posted: 19-Oct-2013 at 02:10

all our traditional melodies are as we say "melem na rana" (as ointment on wound) and when someone has found the right way for sharing that cure then its irrelevant what kind of additives he added to smooth it out, tho as much pure as better then again not everyone have will for raw diet coz with one cup of tea one canot cure and purify all his being...
one of most pure and in same time heavy spiced ethno sound that we have was steered by Dragan Dautovski [1][2][3] who even reach deep til the neolith in his pocket of surprises, eh maybe his alkaline Limonka was guilty for that, coz except inspiration ur muse is also ur echo-rampart that should and will admit such melodies to be shared with all

i must admit that early i was attacking him indirectly altho publicly for exotifying our true and raw sound, but from this perspective i can only say that he was maybe onlyone that was aware of that, altho eventually fell as all raw but commercial artists on some kind of electricity [1] at least he do best he can to stay on the sunny line, which was not case example with our 90's frontmen of our etho sound Sasho Gigov Gish who went deeper with his cocktails of happiness, shaking all kind of herbs and roots with his La colonie Volvox shakers [1][2][3]
in a way DD and SG are like the comparison of LS and Mizar above, but in their case on the abstract-ethno line, tho every ethno band of ours is quite abstract coz they are telling our universal story that was filtered through so much epochs that now became something like sharp thunder rainbow if it is shined upon the world through sunny souls...

Edited by +Protagorist - 07-Oct-2018 at 03:08

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #113 Posted: 19-Oct-2013 at 12:10

if u travel here to find the Cheapest, Safest and Friendliest Country as is mentioned in post #91 or as yomad underline [1] for sure u'l be mesmerized coz it will outreach your expectations!
we are not cheapest but richest country coz there are no money thath can buy u such a feelings, we are not safest but without doubt most secure country on this peninsula and this is coz people are friendly enough that even in oddest situation they will help you eg many times people are getting in middle of argue just to stop it, especially when stranger got in trouble, altho we live in selfish times, maybe 20 years ago we were safest when we were part of ex-yu federation when police was extra fine to those that didnt have respect for law and order, even we had anecdote that u can sleep on bench with pocket full of money without any worries, tho thats why many flee from the country while others disappear in the woods... maybe the've found sanctuary in the old churches and monasteries!

in this new age only thing that bother me is that from year to year we are going further and further from the organic food and music, adding to it all kind of fertilizers and glitters, and really worth to pay little more so u can enjoy the true taste of macedonian harmony whether she entered through the mouth, through the ears or through the eyes! it same with faith if want enlightenment search for the love higher in the mountain where is less electric or chemical pollution, or run across the globe coz u are stronger when u walk without worries of today possessively materialized world, which fall can postpone only people like u or Kiro [1][2][3]

never mind forget all these thoughts and just enjoy the show, as u've stumble upon some big mountain rock from which healing sounds springs eternity     
sometimes its enough melodies sometime just echoes [1][2] sometimes both [3]...   
Originally posted by Max>

coz as features of the soul word is the endless and voice is the purest emanation of eternity

Edited by +Protagorist - 25-Aug-2015 at 15:04

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #114 Posted: 19-Oct-2013 at 17:10

i was raised with this song til the '90s, there was no week or place where it wasnt played, even on weeding, also i cant remember a wedding i've gone to where wasn't played, altho its motif is adultery which is very strange for cradle of the european Christianity [1] maybe it was case just in ex-yu coz before and after its popularity was unrelevant, except in Bitola were it came from, probably if Parketi didnt made remake, most of nowadays kids will never hear about!

advise for the toughest half of the ring, keep in mind if u listen to this song for a while, it could become real, tho u cant go far enough if u dont understand macedonian!

Belo Litse Lyubam Yas - Shekerna

Belo litse lyubam yas,
i da ljubam i da gledam,
fayde nema, le dusho moya.
Shekrna i kalesha neverna.

Crni ochi lyubam yas,
i da ljubam i da gledam,

Gaitan vegee lyubam yas
i da lyubam i da gledam,

Medno uste lyubam ya,
i da lyubam i da gledam,

White Face I Am Loving I - Sweety one

I love your fair face
Even if i love it and look at it
It is no use, my darling one
Sweety, sweety one
You dark-eyed unfaithful one

I love your black eyes
Even if i love them and look at them
Sweety, sweety one

Honey mouth i'm kissing i
Even if i love it and look at it
Sweety, sweety one

Braided eyebrows i'm kissing i
Even if I love them and look at them
Sweety, sweety one

I embrace your thin strength (body)
Even if i embrace it and look at it
Sweety, sweety one

Edited by +Protagorist - 25-Aug-2015 at 15:06

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #115 Posted: 19-Oct-2013 at 18:11

they should remake some chalgi sound

Cubit Cubit

Oi Girl, you i love you.
Isn't enough my youth, tell me,
and on my words believe me.

Everything i had, everything i had given you,
and from you i didn't take anything,

I am begging you, baby til heaven,
til tonight to be mine,

http://pesna.org/song.php?id=875 [1]

Edited by +Protagorist - 19-Oct-2013 at 19:10

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #116 Posted: 19-Oct-2013 at 19:10

next time u drop in this thread take ur time

[1] http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1370005785 [1]

Edited by +Protagorist - 02-Oct-2014 at 08:46

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #117 Posted: 20-Oct-2013 at 11:10

and if u have problems with someone ask for jango the lion

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #118 Posted: 20-Oct-2013 at 19:10

but if u need righteous sheriff see if Rango is around

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #119 Posted: 21-Oct-2013 at 11:31

balkan was and stil is the european Powder Keg coz one reason, unrealized and unreleased extra exceptional art, as oldskool so as newskool, wrapped in high and low production, tho Exit started to manage some, tho localy we dont have large festivals like those, not coz we are small but simply we dont care too much about our potential, yet we have plenty local ones that are getting larger and larger, beginning in 90's with T-fest (predecessor of later Taksirat, and ending today as largest with P-fest, normally we have the balkans most unique traditional fest in Dolneni near Prilep which is unbelievably small tho, but also we have few ethno fests, one balkan-etno the BMS as part of Ohrid Summer Days, and one world-etno the OFF as part of our famous SJF  
despite festivals there are all year round gigs and concerts, and til now there were nonesuch like the one of Moby in sileks [1] when he kick off the floor with punk, and the Manu's bombing on lizgalishte [1][2] where with radio bemba brought the system down while masses up... in a way we got what we were waiting 10 years for as best post-conflict relaxant! our bedroom again start to shine...

on other hand we have prestigious film festivals like the Bitola's unique film gathering known as Festival Brothers Manaki [1][2] where usually are ending world art pieces and cameramans than local blockbusters tho this year we had exception on both ends [1], then we have SFF and recently we got the Animax   
i love the moment that through the years we had many local festivals that were promoting our old films, experimental and videoart weeks, or educational documentaries screening, usually in kino Frosina (named after our first independent movie from 1952) or later in Macedonian Cinemateque where are buried all films of ours!
i must say that i miss those seventies movie mood when the public was receiving from the story extra metaphysical messages tho arranged in a way so even peasant can enjoy with educative smile upon his face, something that today is very rare or forgotten, coz normally we live in times of fleshy dadaism which even more normally lacks censorship [1] tho there are always exceptions eg. Contact [1], also must say that our videoart became 24/7 YT excursion which lost its storytelling and became empty, altho probably there are stil mainstream rebels like it was case early in 90's [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]... - maybe all of them are reflections from Osten and/or our largest film production company Vardar film which is holding the name of our largest river, as name was typical only for sport clubs, tho probably they were aware that only through art we can spread beyond our yard, eve it was etched from second hand!

our existential experiments survived enough so we can stay calm til the next mega solar storm, when only celluloids will survive, tho its question in which hands will end up, coz they were and are more than that, maybe steady prophets of their own time!

Edited by +Protagorist - 07-Oct-2018 at 03:14

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #120 Posted: 21-Oct-2013 at 17:10
as always as i can remember here we were living with two things - art and politics, altho as appearances these two rarely mingle in original stew, coz here either politicians are artless til bone, or artists are unpolitized from bottom of their heart, and when someone gets loud he is either whore or traitor, til recently we didnt even had public antiglobalist thought, except for few which too originally demystified this process [1][2][3][4][5] maybe we lack some more comics than else [1][2][3]
this is even more strange coz as population across this mountains we were risen confronted with extra amount of conspiracies as internal so as external, maybe most tight than anywhere in the world in the past 40 centuries i.e. as long as here had existed some kind of culture, definitely since neolith there is struggle between two archetypes - forces of the good and evil and its followers which today could be recognized as those that strive for communism and those that are backing mammonism, altho both play largely with whole countries and populations as social experiments that will suite their future and cause!

what a balkan fiction a, plus interactive BF even today, when as in trance all think that we almost have joined the european club for voluntary idiotism where only lobbyfication and indulgence works despite any injustice or risks! maybe true Political-BF that had strong artistic blow here is The Judge, experimental movie which creatively explains the core of all conspiracies! its macedonian-german coproduction which was filtered through few festivals, starting on 10.11.2002 in solun then venetia and after in skopye

Macedonian salad was never as jumbled as this pretentious B&W video, a scramble of undigested ideas about existential philosophy and world politics. Nearly unintelligible in its overlapping voices and images and wild jumping from symbolic scene to scene, “The Judge” seems mainly aimed at pleasing the strung-out denizens of East European discos, several of whom appear to have been recruited as actors by painter-videomaker Zaneta Vangeli for her feature feauture film debut... [1]

Žaneta Vangeli, born 1963 in Bitola, Macedonia, lives and works in Skopje, Macedonia. Vangeli is a sculptor, painter, filmmaker and conceptual artist. Vangeli’s work reflects on representations of national identity, as felt in the complex position between east and west, between experiences of violence and vulnerability, conflict and uncomfortable peace that embody the contemporary Macedonian experience. Her meticulously rendered installations struggle to express the irreconcilable meaning of these conditions through the application of negative theology – an early Christian philosophy that attempts to affirm the existence of God by describing what is not God. While her work dwells in the political history and realities of the Balkans, she is ultimately more interested in what they represent on an internal and individual level. As such she seeks to reveal the battles being fought by subjects within ethical and religious domains made manifest in the battles for territories and resources. [1][2]

In 2002, after working for four years with volunteer cast and labor, Vangeli completed an experimental feature video, entitled The Judge. Vangeli describes it as “a contemporary portrait of the Devil without a central narrative… in which the Devil is judging peoples’ actions without the presumptive power to change or influence their actions or behavior. In his powerless state the Devil invents political correctness.” The film’s concept was informed by a comparison between the letters of St. Paul to the Corinthians regarding the spread of Christianity and a parallel sense of hypocrisy surrounding religion and politics in the post-communist period.

The Judge project began in 1995 when she was commissioned by the local television company to make a short subject video. The station gave her complete access to their film archive. She began work on it in 1996-97 when life was very idyllic in Macedonia; then the bombing of Belgrade started in 1998. Hundreds of sorties were flown over Skopje each day during the bombing of Belgrade and fighter jets frequently crashed in the surrounding mountains. The polarities of the Balkan situation and the peculiar position of Macedonia informed Vangeli’s film; she speaks of it as, “an analysis of good and evil, and an evocation of an imperfect understanding of what one is unable to understand.” (Interestingly, the editor of the film was a pilot in the Bosnian air force who had deserted because he didn’t want to serve in the war.)
http://balkansproject.ips-dc.org/?page_id=141#_ftnref1

Edited by +Protagorist - 22-Oct-2013 at 09:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>