Macedonia Travel Guides

Bookmark and Share
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beTon View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #161 Posted: 07-Jan-2015 at 17:08

sure multicultural ultranational and extrareligious place, where Charshiya is middle man between the macedonian south side and albanian north side of the town i.e. sout-east vs north-west alliance, place where life blossom if one understand that politik kills when driving with egoism [1] i have friends from almost every continent except the frozen one and maybe i'll need to find one so he could share his good practices about living on frozen multicultural ground which still has one tick layer of mistrust among the neighbors which act rather tolerance than living cohabitation because one can tolerate only things that are wrong but somehow acceptable - and cohabitation means socialization, FOR which will help Tourists too but one that will respect local traditions and share own calm smiles While enjoying at the middle man's island

for now behind us on this ground we have one Ohrid agreement and one Skopye kidTv-soap, waiting for at least one mixed high school although there re many remixed in their ethnic shifts, but first of all there shouldnt be cultural interchange between the ghettos then all other aspects will blossom

Search for Common Ground

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #162 Posted: 26-Jan-2015 at 17:57

near to our largest spring, near to our heart, there is our most precious multiethnic city known as Gostivar the birth place of Voyislava [1] mother of Iskandar [2] place where Vardar our biggest river is storming unifying flow from all the mountains around, river bursting in the famous village of Vrutok which is settled on the slopes of Mount Bistra right by the Korab and Shar mountains [3]

also GostiVar has even multiethnic name - compound from the macedonian word for Guest and the turkish at hand in this way holding strong ethereal meaning nowadays (times where we are focusing to find super-leisure) meaning that suggests to visitors where they could relax and recharge their own vital vibe... so in the middle ages Gostivar might have been such a place and shaped its own name because... surely back then Voyislava as tribalian princess was using only the slavic part of the name - the word GOST (guest), while VAR was added later after ottomans finally conquered this land, altho century earlier they arrived here even voluntary abducting her son Gyorgi (george) as blood-tax to the empire [1] practice that survived all ottoman ages absorbing chosen boys for the Yanissaries [2] practice strongly memorized in our folklore from poems til songs [3] 'even rivers and mountains are stil witnesses'

like a water Gyorgi Kastriot became most famous Yanissar in whole ottoman empire becoming even Valiya here, but after what he started to waking up his orthodox christian tradition against his new imposed shiya muslim nlp, reorganizing its countryman in its old-new kingdom at the Holly-Banat i.e. Al-Baniya, fast uplifting unbreakable wall for ottomans easily to conquer rest of the europe, this fact was acknowledged even in his time coz without his resistance ottomans would have extra force later for the european campaigns, thus Skandarbey i.e. Iskandar is remembered as savior of european Christianity mostly the catholic one while reason of forced assimilation of orthodoxy...

i dont want to misuse his bravery stating that he is Macedonian (coz its orthodoxy) or Albanian (coz its birthplace) but i'll say he is chance for our multiethnic cohabitation, in a way we celebrate his resistance against the invaders trough own festivities instead through common one, he is and will be link even between serbian and macedonian slavic tribes his mother was from serbian (tribalian one) and his father from macedonian (miyak one) and here lie its historic knot that nowadays albanians state that he is not miyak but albanian tho as slav he was and stil is miles from the specific tosk or geg origin of nowadays albanians (tho today 30% of albanians in Albania are orthodox miyaks), in same way Nikola Tesla is miyak too (but celebrated as serb or croat) coz his ancestors as most of the rebelling miyaks back then (after the fall of the Kastrioti kingdome) found refuge in Sicily, Dalmatia an Venetia (When Iskender-beg died in 1468 a number of the Albanians involved in his struggle against the Ottomans either retired to the mountains or migrated to the kingdom of Naples. In 1478, 1481 and 1492 more Albanians migrated to Southern Italy and Sicily where they preserved their language and customs down to the present day.) [1]

this aborted possessivity of historic figures like Alexander the Great or Iskander (turkish name for Alexander) can be real problem if there is no other religion here than nationalism, luckily both Orthodoxy and Islam dont give enough room for this kind of tribal worship to become iminent, altho there is space for cultural self-identification yeah Orthodox macedonians acknowledging pagan hero as Alex and Muslim albanians acknowledge orthodox hero as Skenderbay - what a hypocritical space of mediocrity all of this just shows how fused history we have here, with steaming potential that makes from all of this peninsula one endemic multinational garden...
Originally posted by Max

this paradox from all balkan ethnocentrism is simply elaborated in the satirical documentary - whose is this song [1][2][3] in which I can gladly add that only in macedonia was honestly stated that is cover of turkich song

Edited by beTon - 02-Aug-2017 at 12:21
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #163 Posted: 27-Jan-2015 at 23:00

when i try to find real connection to someone that really had chance to help Macedonia or eventually we helped them, thats our biggest slavic relative d mighty Russia... but their help was as always tied around their interests, while our was as usual from cosmopolitan reasons! in a way russians have been baptized and alphabetized in the slavic jerusalem Ohrid i.e. there are evidence that way before the pact between russia and byzant princess Olga visited Ohrid where she was baptised as Christian [1][2] tho even earlier Saint Cyril and Methodius came to the russian regions towards the mid-9th century 201 [3] on their mission to Khazaria when instead the khazars they seeded Christianity among kievian russians in Korsun... [3]

maybe our history and life is enough interwoven, that only connection we need in between is tradition (culture&religion) maybe quite enough for macedonians and russians to become stricken by the aristotelian causality about the Chicken and the Egg!? yet we have more than that coz many macedonians (later in romanticism or around the past 2 world wars) were in forefront of the russian intelligentsia, like the famous bolshevik doctor of Lenin (later also mayor of Struga) Vladimir Kavaev [1][2] or the second hand of Stalin the mysterious Georgy Malenkov [3] the list goes on and it would be extra large if in the begging of the past century most of macedonian immigration didnt start searching chance in America making large colonies in Toronto, Detroid and Chicago, all of them stacked by big assimilation pressure [4] in the end which was loosen [5]...
Originally posted by Max

“If Macedonia’s mountainous terrain could be flattened, the country would be larger than Russia,”

btw always when we have antirussian afinities there is american playmaker in our team

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #164 Posted: 30-Jan-2015 at 22:11

to be honest it is enough, that despite we have some issue with the neighboring slavic brothers, with Russia we dont have any, even more coz as always they have recognized us as different [1] altho pressured by other european powers, but also from own imperial interest to get mediterranean exit, Russia accepted partitioning of Macedonia while favoring greater Bulgaria instead [2][3] tho tsars earlier had one agenda while bolsheviks other
1901 - A.V. Amfiteatrov:... They consider me a bulgarophile, I.A. Zinovjev told me. But it isn't so at all. I behave in perfectly equal manner to all Slavs, and, if a person is decent and likable, it is all the same to me whether he is a Bulgarian, a Serb or a Macedonian. But I am a Russian representative and I have been sent here to protect, first of all, Russian interests. Permanent patronage over the Balkan Slavs is inseparably linked with Russian interests. We are their natural patrons. But this patronage does not mean Russia's following of Slav leaders [1]

then again Russians today know and remember their cultural and spiritual roots unlike many others

http://www.slavorum.org/forum/discussion/6361/russian-patriarch-the-russian-empire-always-tried-to-defend-the-macedonian-peop

the real question is do we need calm neighbors and friends, Yes, then is there anyone that can guarantee such thing, maybe there is, but nowadays thats not Russia but USA coz they've scheduled all the balkans as theirs for the next decades through their nato checkpoints in Bosnia and Kosovo, and if we are smart we could save our peace of heaven only if we are neutral, which is verified by the greek veto for what we as macedonians should be tankful, actually coz their ego we are stopped officially to join the imperial clubs of otan and eu, something that will make form us literally Switzerland on the Balkans, THE LAND OF THE FREE people and trees, now and here Freedom is bursting from every atom in our history, for which we are not aware at all, altho always assured by extraordinary things e.g. like those docked white ships around the Skopyes Stone Bridge...

Edited by beTon - 02-Aug-2017 at 12:21
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #165 Posted: 31-Jan-2015 at 22:11

another place around the globe with whom we have common ground is Japan , first of all because all historic respect to the Sun which is noted on our flags, and further coz our politeness which is served from the heart, tho in our place in respectively small amounts but with incomparably higher vibe, probably concentrated through our folk tales (which remake sound good even with modern tunes [1]) this politeness is strongly referring to our happiness in our hearts, easygoing mentality and life-bursting quality of life...     
maybe this sounds awkward, maybe little too proud, but when these features are heard from visitors its clear that all of this is not overrated at all [1] i am glad that our friendly attitude is something that have become norm here, especially while we have encounters with tourists from the third world personally i am favoring people out of this place & space, but i am glad meeting local rural people which share even more than sincere smiles spreading also wisdom through their proverbial talks...

we are even friendly to the us-government representatives, altho USA has orchestrated artificial conflicts here like that back in 2001 (all the stuff could be resolved politically from the start), or the one in 1999 in Kosovo (if crisis was not provoked, now kosovo would be already in europe, with albanians without borders) altho here we survived the hype far less bloody, while in Serbia they arranged and pushed rare master-play where they've even trashed depleted uranium as anti'demographic greeting card to the locals for which they allegedly fought [1] and maybe we are more and more kind to them having no remarks to the fact that through their sfor-mission in Bosnia they have even knock down the plane of our late president Boris... this says all, we have true Christian love in our hearts even for those that act sincere friends but actually are just deaf investor with large backdoor interests along open imperial agenda, or maybe we dont have love as much that we dont collect hate in our collective memory, i am just afraid that this is not an indifferent spirit but more loosen temper til we want and need, tho as rarely in the world we accidently have burned the us embassy in '99 [1] after what they've built the largest us embassy in europe [2] now also cia headquarters for SE-Europe

yet when it comes to american people, wherever they come from north america, i have only good words, first here they feel like home coz our multhiethnic surrounding, and second u can easily surprise them so the satisfaction of sharing cookies to others is even greater with them, and the effect is overwhelming due to their small interest for Europe and even smaller for Macedonia, altho this cliche could be applied to europeans too, even we the smart macedonians lately are becoming more and more like americans, tho for me it was contrary in the first half of my life when if someone asked me what i know e.g. for Montana or Minnesota i was just smiling maybe if our us-immigrants were better promoters of usa here i would have more will to learn even now instead walking by the american stuff, ok illegibly they are stacked there in the consumerist centrifuge through which they can only start waiting in the line for self promotion [1] and even then is question if i would be patient learner simply there are to much antimaterialist ideas in my comp which is resetting quickly any western info altho
ultimately hip-hop if not else will suite all differences, maybe as intermezzo at last, hope more with oldskul than newskul lines [1]

Macedonia: This Magnificent Country Will Surprise You

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/search/?q=macedonia

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #166 Posted: 03-Feb-2015 at 19:19

Skopye Whats Up

through our Roma cocitizens i think we have unusual connection with the happy brazilians, tho many will say they are more like indians, other that they are more like chikano, but the truth is that the Roma community here is pure tropicalism - thats why i am seeing them as brazilians, tho early with their baggy harem pants they were looking more like true turkish crowd from the middle ages, something that is almost rare appearance now, reserved only for the rural elders, or some endangered traditionalist in Shutka - the most famous roma stronghold in Europe [1][2][3]    
indeed Shutka is First and Largest Official Roma Community in europe, and maybe in the world, tho there are extra overpopulated places with gypsys around the globe probably having also own local authorities, and maybe i am too unreal but we have more than local glorification for the Roma people, YES Macedonian Roma to my knowledge, only here are officially recognized as nation and not just some nationality or some minority i.e. first state in the world that recognize them as constitutional nation in its country...

only thing that makes this part of the town somehow creepy is not the people, their poverty or the lack of urbanism, but the skopyes custody-prison which is almost at the entrance of Shutka as symbolic spatial greeting that this ghetto is captivity for the living but also for the dead coz right after Shutka there are the main citys cemeteries, yep creepy i know, but they decided there to blossom or maybe thats was just only place where they would be left alone to live their fractal idealism, which actualy is exploding also in other places around Skopye like the neighborhoods of Topana and Gazi Baba, the first one across the us embassy, and the second one across the old bazar, funny few years ago us-embassy asked the city officials if they could dislocate this borou but eventually withheld its own fears when they have run across the neighboring albanian quart from behind JaJa Pasha, simply all these places are waiting for reurbanization

and all this hype with this place i think is super-offensive for the Roma community coz here in macedonia they are not at all getoized, and mainly educated and hard working, tho keeping travelers tradition there can be stil found mid-size nomad caravans which are seasonally searching for work around the country, today tho all of them looks more like gangs than else coz the cars and the styles!
Shutka has also many world famous names like - Esma the famous balkan gypsy queen, Jasmin the wife of Bony-M singer, Ferus our macedonian Miles Davis etc...
...and if we count as naming there are plenty macedonian romans that are famous world historic persons such Saint Justinian - yep why not to see nowadays roma nation as ex-roman nephews and their successors and at last thez are ROMs who live in ROM (rep.of.Mac.) so roma people here could enjoy their existence with special dignity through their special serendipity...

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #167 Posted: 04-Feb-2015 at 12:00

I think Shutka has most unique potential to become Skopyes best place for hosteling, they only lack some Oscar to reconnect all that fractal urban melodies either with few art pavilions or maybe 1000 small sculptures above the street lights, in which way they'll deserve duble'deckers too, tho right near them they are passing by [1] also this place needs social landscaping around, maybe there should be opened museums any about Roma culture and til after Shutka will become quickly Lutka among all the northern quarts of the town, as such magnet not only for adventurers but also casual tourists, plus staying among people of the north gives you clear perspective of the south - especially of the middle man d'Charshiya
...only this approach can complete the picture of our capital, coz its fact that most of the tourists have just glimpse of our true life, but also many of those who live here dont have enough imagination so they can grasp the true colors of theirs valley sounds...

if someone ask me where to stay in a macedonian city i would suggest just skip it and GO Rural coz except the overcrowded hoStels everything else is boring or without fresh ideas except the +billing ones, tho even luxurious hotels are lacking extra guest animation, or their landscaping is in their neighborhood instead in their courtyard, yet there is enough art-mood around which can compensate my remarks either in the hostels or in b&b’s normaly hotels too, anyhow where ever u've been what many strikes positively is our availability of accommodation just wait in line for more

http://www.yomadic.com/cheapest-country-in-europe/

when early in my life i had chance squatting in closed hotels for renovation, must say that this was oe of my best experiences as traveler, rare chance to have big smile in empty hotel with lots of free rooms, normally this was aranged with backdoor consent from the guards, and even greater experience coz i was in position to share my finding with other backpackers at the Ohrid lake somewhere around the summer of '96...
today this kind of opportunities are available mostly in rural areas coz in this millennia here private property become holy space worth dying for, so use ur creativity if u want to enjoy as squatter, tho if ur such probably u have camping gear too, which i'll suggest as best option normally coz til now sleepingBag is my best experience ॐ as opportunity for direct connection with the place without any vacuum or fixations in-between, tho sometimes combinations can be at hand [1]

Edited by Џоле - 04-Feb-2015 at 12:28
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #168 Posted: 05-Feb-2015 at 14:31

wait, dont skip cities around 10k
like Berovo, Kratovo, Palanka, Pehchevo or Vinitsa ( all in east Macedonia
or the western ones like Debar, Krusevo or Hisar

btw search for light storytellers

http://vimeo.com/user8259270/videos/page:3/

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #169 Posted: 05-Feb-2015 at 19:19

maybe i am not the one to talk about underground stuff but from what i have heard caves around Matka are most exploited [1][2] According to speleologists’ assessments, Vrelo Cave’s depth is 330 m, which would make it the deepest underwater cave in the world [3]
stil i can suggest freely go to Peshna [1][2] place which only lacks more mossy lodges around [3] tho which could be found across the lake in the national park Yasen

[345 caves] - http://www.speleomacedonia.org.mk/ [1]

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #170 Posted: 06-Feb-2015 at 02:33

all in all whole region around the Treska Gorge (now plumbed with two dams) is surrounded with the one of the largest limestone massifs in Europe right beneath mount Karajitsa of the massif Yakupitsa [1] and its national park Yasen [2] which means Clear, tho now also fuzzy coz the cloudy waters of its new lake [3][4] which actually is the main culprit for the winter smog in the capital [5] altho not the only one

except endemic flora and fauna, neanderthals, hermits and knights/hunters, in our caves normally there could be found dragons too, mostly through their legends and names like Alilica (she-dragon) [1] the beautiful Golem Zmejovec (large dragon) and Mai Zmejovec (small dragon) [2] as such intended to keep children away, or mineral hunters today [3] which actually in limestone areas couldnt find many [4] even less some precious or semi-precious [5]

museums with rare local minerals could be found in Skopye, Kratovo and Probishtip, also many could be bought around the macedonian gemstone workshops [1][2][3]
there is also announcement for new big museum near the mind of Alshar but for now there is only legends and mysteries in front [1] one of which was also filmed back in the 90's [2]
at last whole Macedonia is like iridescent plate if u can open ur spiritual eyes and see whats lying around, museums hm if u ask me we need them only as chekpoints, but from this aspect we a in shortage

dont forget if you want to keep some stone memory, do it artisticaly through some filigree [1] instead rogh stones

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #171 Posted: 10-Feb-2015 at 12:12

here creativity was prominent in the early antiquity from architecture through coins til mosaics, tho even in eneolith there is rich ornamenting and even unique sculpting, maybe art was only way to be globally interconnected back then having streams and strings of cultural compatibility around the globe [1] altho localized also by the applied techniques thus making one cultural region [2][3][4] sure they've had narrow path of globalization at last here imposed by the first european empire the famous Kingdom of Macedon, tho path that was not the only one with globalizing roots i.e. before the macedonian there was the assyrian and egyptian flow in this direction, earlier streamed by greater vibe [5] as such flooded instantly in its agenda [6][7][8][9]

most of this ice age witnessing of our earthly existence as humanity here is laid all around the macedonian hills, but also verified through our Rock Art museums in Kumanovo [1] and Kratovo [2] stil with extra small institutional backing tho both of them window to our bronze age Petroglyphic past [3][4] hm with assumptions which points til Paleolith [5] probably the time when here neanderthals were playing flutes [6] tho we dated ours as more modern one [7][8] time when here pelasgians were sculpting realistic figurines [9]

Where did art begin?

Just outside Kratovo, an old mining town built in an extinct volcanic crater, we meet Dr. Dusko Aleksovski, who holds advanced degrees in philology, archaeology and paleolinguistics. He is renowned as the man who discovered rock art in Macedonia in 1991 — a date coincident with the nation's modern birth— and he went on to locate over a million prehistorical wall drawings and etchings.

Aleksovski leads us to his most elaborate find, Tsotsev Kamen, a hellishly hot and hard-to-climb basaltic mesa fashioned for Neolithic fertility and wine ceremonies, where the mystery seems to be why anyone would build a temple here. On the backside we crawl up past a dead snake that lately guarded a mural of petroglyphs some 20,000 years old. Aleksovski raises his wrist, wreathed in a bead bracelet of rock art symbols, and points out a stick figure in elation, then what he calls "the tree of life," and finally a man and a chariot.

Afterwards, at his Rock Art Museum, crammed with as many testimonies to his finds as his actual finds, as well as souvenir jars of honeyed figs and home-brew rakija, he turns Bob Marley to play through the computer speakers, and raises a toast. "I believe rock art is the heart and soul of Macedonia. It is the beginning of all art!"

Adam of Macedonia

In a golden wheat field near a spreading walnut tree, not far from the village of Govrlevo, there is an inauspicious ditch about ten feet deep and perhaps 30 feet square. It is here in the autumn of 2000 that Milosh Bilbija, an archaeologist at the Museum of the City of Skopje, unearthed a clay figurine of a headless yet contemplative man, a statue that dates to 7,500 years ago.

The little sculpture is quite realistic, with terracotta skin color, well-defined muscles, a visible spine, even the broken stub of a penis, and a flared disc representing the sun in his belly, his solar plexus. I am told this is the oldest carved figure of a man ever found, and with humbling audacity Bilbija calls it "Adam of Macedonia." It is significant, he tells us, because it solves a great mystery: it tells us when man changed his consciousness about who he is.

Prior to this all Neolithic figurines found around the world were of goddesses — some 50 were discovered deeper down in this same trench. In the layer above this ceramic man, metal jewelry and buttons were exhumed, marking the onset of the Bronze Age. Bilbija argues that this seated, round-bummed Adam may have his ass in the Neolithic era, but his eyes are looking toward the Megalithic era. This little figurine marks the tipping point where humans recognized the difference between man and other animals. We are not inside nature, he suggests, but above it, apart from it, different — or so we have believed ever since.

Perhaps this recognition gives rise to spirituality, the knowledge that we have a soul. Perhaps the cosmologies of the classic world revolve around this trench — the golden fleece in the river, the natural profusion of grapes that brought the sacred intoxication of wine, the bread ovens that literally gave rise to the agrarian diet... it happened here, at what MiloÅ¡ Bilbija calls "the navel of the world."

We kneel in this vital ditch sifting the sands of history, while nearby children of the village of Govrlevo play in the gardens. "We have a thousand musicians but only one Mozart — then, there were many priests, but only one genius. It takes only one man to change the world."

Maybe that man was Adam of Macedonia, or the craftsman who created him, and set us on the rocky journey of civilization.
[1]

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #172 Posted: 11-Feb-2015 at 20:30

[1][2][3]

i had to differ the pagan and antipagan art with that prominent note above, altho creativity burst here in all the times, yet in the middle ages veneration didnt went directly to the Art only to GOD and btw to Art, so last time when i was in late antiquity it was woven around Christianity in time of peaceful wars among the people on this macedonian peninsular workshop - peaceful for art and bloody for artists - coz borders couldnt ruin the common belief in God and all associate art, with exception of that which was written or handcrafted [1] tho not all of it went down the drain!

i'll skip the renaissance talk [1] rather suggesting attention to the symbols

use ur historic-strabism and through them seek for connections in future with one eye in the past

http://muzejterakota.mk/english/introduction.html

http://haemus.org.mk/kurbinovo-monastery/

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #173 Posted: 12-Feb-2015 at 13:33

[1][2][3]

mr. friendly will say use this place as starting point coz the airport or some cs-host, otherwise u'll be stuck here - hope not forever tho its tempting to see why and how is this possible at all !?! To save your time - this boils down to the following [2] after stacking just press the save button from the fresco above, simply its matter of the OLD SPIRIT of this town, now awakened additionally by various facelift scenery which has restored the old town medieval vibe too [3] tho vectorized by the human strolls around, thus if u want to feel the true breath of this spirit use bicycle or boat (maybe those parked around the stone bridge)

when it comes to art, its handy to know that there is more than Skopye to see in this country, something that macedonians also miss [1] altho most of the stories are linked through this city, so try to forget about it if you want to uncover and discover pure energies you dont know about!

eg. those from Prilep

whole world and philosophy in one picture [1]
filled with peace and joy through 7 portals and 1 infinity

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #174 Posted: 13-Feb-2015 at 22:11

portals that lead to the third heaven - if right keys rests on right notation

i have remembered Prilep by its food as earthly so as heavenly, tho among tourists it is most renowned by its poisons like tobacco or beer, highly praised among the pelagonian temptations! take this friendly advice > put them aside if u have any intention to be explorer and grasp some extra energies that are bursting around the mountains of central and northern Pelagonia [1]   

lets say Prilep is our royal city, coz not many cities in Macedonia had dense ruling history, and among those few this place is certainly one, yes in or near Prilep once were seating mighty kings, in antiquity the pelagonian king Aeropus on Selechka mountain [1] (tho archaeologist assume that his son reign there [2][3]) later in medieval times here reigned Komita Nikola where later also died his son Tsar Samoil [1] and 5 centuries later in Prilep flourished last kingdom in Macedonia with its epic ruler Krali Marko and his father king Volkashin [1] also the first president of liberated Macedonia is from Prilep, so it could be said that here (in this independent part of Macedonia) Prilep was abiding imperial residence, maybe not without reason coz here is the only excavation site for rubies in Macedonia which specimens are clearest from all eu [1][2] stil place famous by its Marko and not its rubies
Marko was associated with large, solitary boulders and indentations in rocks
the boulders were said to be thrown by him from the hills
and the indentations were his footprints (or the hoofprints of his horse)...

According to folk tradition
Marko never died;
he lives on in a cave,
in an unknown land.
According to Macedonian tradition
Marko drank "eagle's water",
which made him immortal;
he is with Elijah in heaven
[1]

[1] http://prilep-bouldering.com [1][2]

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #175 Posted: 14-Feb-2015 at 11:22

if Prilep is our imperial town, Bitola is our musical, tho in Prilep are born many folk maestros of our traditional music like Petse Atanasovski [1] or our first music theorist Atanas Badev [2] yet Bitola as always was the Seat of Musical Macedonia lately shaping our national warblers like Violeta Tomovska, Pepi Baftirovski, Jonche Hristovski, Toshe Proeski, Karolina Gocheva etc. and earlier famous by its many Chalgi ensembles which last baron was Tale Ognenovski [3]

Bitola today has lost its chalgi-vibe, tho not completely, stil has kept its own balconies, early they were the breeze of european trends in Rumelia weaving together Serenades and Chalgi sound underneath - something that was heresy in the muslim world and probably unique crossover in the christian, upon that Bitola was also european gate for ottoman trends [1] also as City of Consuls it was buzzed by fashion too [2] eh once whirlpool of elegance, tho today there is stil some similar mood coz bitola girls are 24/7 made up having city rule - going out in lazy style is almost crime

all of this is additionally accented by neoclassical architecture, that which has managed to survive last world wars [1], neoclassicism with small hight but wide ornamental smile, after this accent is refreshed by many water fountains around the old bazaar [2] and as acoustic shell everything is heightened by mount Pelister [3][4][5] i could say pelagonian symphony started in antiquity by the founder of Bitola the father of Alex our first one-eyed king Filip [1]

easy town with extra cycling heartbeat

http://www.bitfest.mk/category/informacii/

Max View Drop Down

Quote Max Quote  Post ReplyReply #176 Posted: 18-Feb-2015 at 21:21

has even piano as welcoming sculpture

altho its better to have them few around the town [1]

but for 1/10 of Sk, they dont have enough new ideas so they could keep fresh that Musical City epithet, today except Foltin and Parketi i cant recall for new big bt-names on our music scene, and not that they are lazy but they cant focus more artistic energy coz all that emigration trend which is probably oldest among our cities i.e. as always people of Bitola were prone toward wealth early becoming largest macedonian commune of fortune seekers in the west [1] now even with billionaires down there [2][3] hm on other hand ex-bitolchani are only compatriots that dont reinvest something in their birthplace

then there were others that have been uplifting this city, like Manaki brothers who has had the first balkan and ottoman camera here [1] memory now reverted by the famous camera festival [2] which has made this place world-celebrity checkpoint something untypical for any local city

what to say city of art in the past century

stil Bitola today has another ace in the sleeve its probably most famous place for macedonian pastry like Zelnik, Maznik or Mlechnik even the sweet Milibrod [1] maybe due to the fact that early it was largest macedonian town in ottoman macedonia after Salonica, or coz it was most versatile place of local vegetables 1], tho all of them widespread across the country... also here u can find the largest Shiitake producer if not only one in the country that export in eu, as karmic message it says all - Bitola is healing place if u listen its food while tasting its music!

simply Bitola is Fresh, Young and Gifted in any season

+Protagorist View Drop Down

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #177 Posted: 18-Feb-2015 at 22:11

another Big thing about Bitola is that she was bastion of the Ilinden Uprising [1] our lightest liberation day, when we have fought our last uprising against southern imperial machine in balkans, when we were lacking artillery support and maybe some more united thouths so we could push the resistance little further to macedonian autonomy [1]

in same time with same fortitude Bitola in its past have been musical and revolutionary epicenter, as in middle ages so as in romanticism, but more influential through the sound of monastic hearts, coz only music could revolutionize the air, altho weapons the earth, so this mix was obvious in our national uprising at the begging of the end of ottoman empire but with orthodox polyphony [1] stil here exploded all of our fury against the system - from inside and from outside i.e. from local komitajis to faraway oficers - like the father of modern turkey Ataturk which romantic Eleni stayed behind [1]

'where is the Love to be found, someone tell me' - Marlez would saz, and for this only revolutionaries like him have the answer
Originally posted by Max

it is well known that was challenging to stay calm in times like otoman feudalism or balkan romantism(second one still lasts) and here that was achieved only by channelizing all fears and tears through songs, singing was like easy burden carrier but also cultural struggle for freedom, similar as in modern times was reggae in Jamaica, just that in Macedonia every house had have own Power Singer instead of gramophone

those who were obstructed in their singing usually went to mountains among the revolutionaries so they could sing freely their songs of freedom, having patience like hawks fast enough to start all their uprisings prematurely, hoping to liberate alone in one bite whole Macedonia - the first and last european gemstone in hands of ottomans! maybe this would be flawless if they have restored the ancient road Via Egnatia so through it to receive strong european support like all our neighbors, tho except few there were not too many masons from imro in the specially established british-run freemasonic lodge of the french Grand Orient [1]

also this speedy mentality could be noticed even today e.g. through our refurbished folk-music (old and new) which is poured like waterfall instead quiet stream, and when i point this to my unexpected friends they are saying hey its normal just enjoy the show, hm yes enjoy without flow and seek only form without going beyond, strange i've received this message from a gal even on holy ground, she also said its so normal... he i'll say never rush if u want to win this pelagonian smile, be revolutionary with patience for swimming marathon and not just high-diving show...

Bitola Alternate Flow

Bitola Alternative Flow

HaјсилнoтoOpужјe е вo caмитeHac cинaпoвo3pнo co НaдeжВepaЉубoв
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #178 Posted: 19-Feb-2015 at 14:41

life cant wait for insurgent nostalgia

tho i am assured by my blood relatives that our romantic foot-soldiers and especially their Voyvodi lost their freedom fight coz lack of more herbal consciousness, they missed the antique flower message from our ancestors TO 'use Camomile tea - so they could have clear throat and sing more pure songs e.g. for song like Shto E Ova Chudo Mamo (What Is This Miracle Mama) [1] instead they've used probably too much thorn-apples or maybe extra amounts of hrdya (soma)

so the uprising was more psychodelic than real, tho the blood was pouring from all the sides making bold reaction 10 years later after Ilinden from our neighbors and their melting promises that they are invading to liberate macedonians - when in my family three brothers were separated and turned against each other, something that regularly is popping out even today in this independent part of Macedonia when all the parties are bribed by some neighboring propaganda machine, thus keeping us hostage from within i.e. easiest way to stop us becoming aware and strong enough so we could unite again all this peninsula - as was case in antiquity and middle ages, but Chamomile Tea and everything is possible tho avoid reexported goods except if they are from some distant mrmr relative of ours [1][2]

this beauty of meadows as it is often called,
will charm you with its soothing elegant and floral fragrance,
that goes hand in hand with with its authentic and familiar flavor,

Pure as morning dew with its golden yellow colour,
it has a magical effect that is most powerful in the morning,
or in the evening whenever you wish to brush away stress

How to experience this Tea at its best:
To increase the feeling of relaxation, instead of one
put two tea bags in a cup, then add a little honey
and just few drops of lemon juice

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #179 Posted: 22-Feb-2015 at 14:14

as herbal hooligan i am always shouting to every guest ' after visiting Bitola and heading to Ohrid stop in Resen at the Prespa lake (mother of Ohrid through limestone leveling) where one can find peace of herbal heaven, coz all those Pelister hills from this Prespa side are covered with most beautiful wild herbs that could be found in Macedonia ~3k if not more, tho officially 1.5k from which 160 endemic
Prespa region hosts more than 1,500 species of plants, 40 species of mammals, 260 of migratory and non-migratory birds, 32 reptiles and amphibians, and 17 species of fish including a number of species found only here... [1]

Prespa as rural paradise recently was under attack from investors like Aqupura and alike, but luckily they've withheld their agenda coz the global e-crises, saving this lake from quick jet-set over urbanization or hot couture decadence over its archaic beaches, those around small Prespa with natural sand... now is stil rural enough that only explorers can enjoy the show til bone, in more than 50 settlements scattered around the lake with some 17k people ready to share their organic foods, haste drinks and wonderful smiles, for dirt cheap prices affordable for 1 month as 1 week in Ohrid, plus every few days to crisscross the lake having new room with another angle of the sky...

few facts for and from Prespa
1. its older than Ohrid Lake for few eons
2. PrLa is highest freshwater lake in balkans
3. Kurbinovo Church is example of mac. renaissance
4. today Resen is Pottery residence of rep. Macedonia
5. in this city was built our first neoclassical palace

[1][2] Prespa Lake Basin [1]

this levitating pearly lake has more than natural abundance, its strange history beneath, hidden enough that only wild herbal mix could reveal it, normally to all who visit this place as explorers, tho even as party junkie one can taste some aetherical memories from its past, most easily through reggae vibe and in no case electronic but pure acoustic...

here was spotted one of the best scenic drives in europe [1] tho use bicycle so u could feel the smells of our calmest lake Prespa (literary meaning Oversleap... somewhere around this route is buried the first Seat of Tsar Samoil and also the first Seat of Ohrid Archiepiscopy known as fortification of Devol (Away from Ox) - de jure his winter residence while his summer was on the smaller prespa isle Saint Achil, and on the big isle known as Golem Grad (Big City) probably he had unreachable refuge... there is assumption that these three spots were connected by pontoon bridge from canoes...

...or maybe for this they've used vine barrels, coz southern Prespa with its big flow of mediterranean clime probably had many vineyards in the past!? later most of them were replaced by apple orchards which are among most famous in eastern europe, also most old apple varieties are mention in many books and manuscripts as traditional products of Prespa [1]
but this fruitful blessing is also curse for this lake, coz too many orchards means too many pesticides, thus extra toxins in the lake, and yes they are controlled and balanced usually with 16 to 20 times spraying ceremonies all year round! funny till recently this agro-region didnt had any cold-storing warehouse, so if the annual export was cheap and failed Prespani were trowing tons of apples in the lake, luckily now there are few storage checkpoint but also the first local Compost factory where at the moment could be found most precious natural fertilizer... only tragedy left now is why we are stil not making some final products from our gold instead lettin it down undertaker holes, at least they could make local apple juice as was case in ex-yu at the village Carev Dvor (tsars court) CD brand that is fleshing stil some pectin memories in my mouth and heart... i cant imagine how wonderful taste would have cocktail from apple juice spiced with basil - plant which is extra potent in Prespa, gathered on Baba, Galichitsa or Plakenska mountain [1]

Edited by Џоле - 24-Feb-2015 at 16:48
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #180 Posted: 23-Feb-2015 at 13:13

one more time about Prespa
but now from Aerial side and Windy PR

seems i need extra room for additional info, not needless at all, coz here is located one of the most lively south'european checkpoints for migratory birds, tho with small 2k-ha strickt reserve called Ezerani Wetland [1] visited by over 260 bird species 104 of which water birds... except that these birds are prespa celebrities, they are also continental alchemists who fructify all that plants around, in such way giving them original essence from many asian and african skies, thats why this place shines strong worldly mood, in same time without any urban lightshow, but with many rural fireworks... all this theatrical scenery is praised highly through the countless costumes from all around ethnic Macedonia assembled in an cozy village museum [1] sure they are mostly of interest to special guests...

yes these shores are regularly visited by Light Balls usually spotted as aliens without alienated intentions popping out all around the lake, fact that is distinctive for this region except that here we are rarely witnessing any crop circles as i know, tho swirls are common occurrence! maybe some alien fish is juggling with some aural messages!? for this info i have testimony from local pilot but also local fisherman too, tho there is also some net info [1] and while i know that in most cases they are demiurgs here i hope they are not, but this is just mine false comfort, coz probably they are [1] and as direct consequence of none monastic life at this moment in any of those 20+ monasteries and cave churches around there... stil there is plenty evidence from known flying object i.e. humanoid gliders and paraglides, only paragliders here glide less than ohrid side of mount Galitchitsa where they have pilgrimage site [1]
There are not a lot of places in this world where you wake up surrounded by complete silence. At the dawn of the day, unless you hear cormorants early in the morning following the fishing boats at the end of Stenje, the village of Lake Prespa has no sound — the only thing that one can hear is the endless, blissful silence… - National Geographic Serbia
http://www.greenfudge.org/2014/04/28/macedonias-forgotten-prespa-lake/

as it was started this page, in same manner it will finish, so lets say this is our utmost multiethnic region coz except macedonins, turks and albanians, here could be found greeks too, altho from macedonian ethnicity i.e. with greek citizenship coz this lake is transboundary [1] its something like floating cohabitation among the multiethnic fisherman from all the sides, yea they have mutual agreement that they can overfish the widely famous Prespa Carp [1] today caught with smart nets ' irredentist move against the lake fauna but tradition too, so if u are ecologically conscious avoid eating local carp from modern fisherman tho i'll suggest from them go for Tsironki - an sunny Belvitsa i.e. dried clipfish, delicious for meze even without wine! ...what are stringed peppers Vezulki to Prilep thats Tsironki to Prespa, and combination from both give away Makalo freedom sound, as such understandable to all of those 23 species of fish found in the area from which 9 are endemic... once i was in love with Prespa which heart i sense its not from this world - feeling that is closely depicted by this clip [1] it was also my first excursion place in primary school think 4th grade or so, normally place of my first true romance by the lake as i can remember (which is extremely rare thing) it was early spring but it was hot as late summer, altho this is not unusual coz this lake is way warmer than its neighbor, not on every spot but also ideal for winter sunbathing...

use ur time wisely

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>