Developtments in Macedonia

Bookmark and Share
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lslcrew View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lslcrew Quote  Post ReplyReply #21 Posted: 25-Mar-2009 at 05:45
Before the process od financial decentralization started, there was a formula that gave the municipalities exact number of money per capita. The last number which I remeber was obout two thousand denars per capita. But no after the whole process od decentralization started, now it's completely different and every municipality budget depends on it's local taxes, a percent od VAT, a percent from the personal tax etc.

But It's now away from the truth to say that 99% of the money controls the goverment. I would rather say thet this is a well known political problem than only a sad wish to somebody to just controll the money.
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #22 Posted: 25-Mar-2009 at 08:20
Originally posted by macedonia

@ pbanks

Yea Greece might be a richer country, but I can tell you that 15 years ago Lerin and especially the villages were nothing like how they are today. Greece might be "rich" but it also has the biggest debt in Europe. 15 years ago the village didn't even have hot water, today they have a plasma tv in the cafe. Its crazy Nuts
good point!

it will come with time here to,  but until few years ago one couldnt expect nothing from mostly criminal transition period, now finally there is smell of real positive activity on all fields. unfortunately just when we bounce forward after quite long time, bad luck had struck again, first the nato blockade and all anticipated stand-by investors with it, and after that like all world (but in worst time for us) we welcomed the global economy slump.

but the progresion  of country development didnt stop, for now I think there are plenty projects started which first of all we must get them near to completition (ensure the purse), along with them we must invest quality time in profitable cultural and economic strategies, for example we must merge the domestic resources and capital to bust productivity, forcing small business and encouraging people to invest in their own country (not run away) in first place forcing tourism or organic agronomy etc. and normally government must proceed searching for friendly partners and persuade them to empty their pockets on big hand and pour billions in our yard, normally keeping the good tax climate which attract positive attention …

this is the correct  direction to normal progress that will lead to modern look of our country! however there is another path to quick growth for fancy way of life, which is rather suicide than salvation for the state and its people, although in whole world this is  mainly practice, its called “lets borrow some” or “life on the cuff” (живот на вересија), and this is where our country stand somewhere at the bottom (for good or bad). just take any neighbor country for comparison and you will figure out quickly that their prosperity is too buried in external debt, as in public sector so as in private sector. only Albania could be compared with us farley, but again theyre now joining the debt club quickly with wide opened pocket, also they have strong diaspora investments… sea...

I believe exploration on the mater would not hurt anybody, before one can bring any conclusion for development in Macedonia …

so give us a little time for reorganization, which has already started, laid back and watch what will happen in the future if this country accelerate todays tempo of economic growth like I said before on normal and real scale and not in abstract and delusive growth,  I believe that Macedonia will shine  as chrystmass tree, and in the future any comparison with the neighbours will be ridiculous. In the past we had anecdote for an indebted person “you owe as greece” cause greece is buildet on the arms of eu and usa funds, which in the end didn’t brought any prosperity only empty promises, here lays the explanation why greece is subsiding local and rural economies on large scale, cause that is not their money. just to mention again your constatation  - greece is most underwrited state in all the europian union, so please in future have in mind  those paradigms when you try to compare two extremely different economies.

List of countries by external debt - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

Macedonia Gross external debt for 2008
Public debt - 1.06 billion
Private debt - 1.94 billion
Total external debt - 3 billion euro
here is something on the false eyelashes

Edited by beTon - 26-Mar-2009 at 05:46
lslcrew View Drop Down

Quote lslcrew Quote  Post ReplyReply #23 Posted: 25-Mar-2009 at 08:33
Maybe this is some of the positive aspects of the problem of investment. I don't see our external debt as a argument. Why should we be different from our neighboors?! The inflation that is going today in a global view can completely "eat" the Credeit-interest (kamata), so I don't think that is a such smart idea not to take credits as a country. I've also been "on line" with you some of the time, but the thing that puts me in dilemma all the time is "Why are we the smartest in our neightboorhood?!". But I'm not an economist, sometimes the economy and financial managment seem to so strange. I don't know maybe some day this will be a benefit for Macedonia, but i'm not sure! Roll%20eyes

Edited by lslcrew - 25-Mar-2009 at 08:39
Cloverstack View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #24 Posted: 25-Mar-2009 at 11:34
Originally posted by lslcrew

Before the process od financial decentralization started, there was a formula that gave the municipalities exact number of money per capita. The last number which I remeber was obout two thousand denars per capita. But no after the whole process od decentralization started, now it's completely different and every municipality budget depends on it's local taxes, a percent od VAT, a percent from the personal tax etc.

But It's now away from the truth to say that 99% of the money controls the goverment. I would rather say thet this is a well known political problem than only a sad wish to somebody to just controll the money.

Formula based only on the population is a bad formula, plus what  use is such a formula even to the poorest places if the overall % of the public money allocated to the municipalities is inadequately low (as I suspect was the case before the decentralization also)

Today the municipalities have their own sources of financing, but they are way too low (for example the % of the VAT), so they still haevily depend on the government's will. What we should do is raise those sources, and in addition (to help the underdeveloped) we should still have a % of distribution directly from the government regulated by a formula.

About the 99%, I already pointed out that I exagarrated
Goran View Drop Down

Quote Goran Quote  Post ReplyReply #25 Posted: 31-May-2011 at 03:36

They also have a huge renovated central square, and a very very large active nightlife. All this and at the end of the day the population of Lerin is just some 12,000 people. I don't know, I guess I was just expecting more when I went to Bitola because it has a population of some 80,000 people, instead I found that Lerin has a more "city" feel to it, and it is much more cleaner and newer. Don't get me wrong I still love Bitola, it is a unique city with great historical value, but I find that it is lacking a lot when compared to other cities.

Man, I don't know who you hung out with in Bitola, but I assure you, and I know this from personal experience, that Florina is as dull as they get. Sth like Ohio, give or take The night life has nothing to do with what we're talking about here, but Florina sucks ∂ønkey båll$, and Bitola is way better than Florina (but still stupid, at best, compared to Skopje).

The cleanliness part is what I definitely agree with, but hey, it's a small place, if you do something stupid you might get caught, and then everyone will know (if you're not from the Balkans this might seem pretty confusing to you, but that's how life goes here, what others say and think of you). Just go to Thessaloniki, and see how 'clean' it is. But it's no excuse, Berlin is gigantic, and still cleaner than any city in Macedonia.

The life in the village was also great, my family comes from a village near Lerin with only 800 people, yet it has a car mechanic, grocery store, pharmacy, 2 schools, restaurant, cafes, insurence office, hair salon, and the village square has just been renovated with marble.

That comes as a result to Greece's κοινωτικά πλαίσια στήριξης, which are something like what we had in former Yugoslavia, 5-year plans (funded with EU's money of course, but not by the EU), during which roads, bridges - infrastructure to cut to the chase, is built. Also, the EU has a programme (the ERDF - European Regional Development Fund) for the underdeveloped peripherial parts of its member countries, which I assure you throws money at EU's members begging them to improve the infrastructure, quality of life (and other sectors, I forgot how they group them) in such areas.. So, it should't come as a surprize. While all other (now) EU member countries took advantage of EU's funds while they were still only candidate countries, we, (having mastermind accountants and attorneys), couldn't fiil out the forms needed to be eligible for EU's funds in time, and now they say that by 2010 we might get fundings in 3 out of 5 sectors.

[/QUOTE]

Hi to all I just read all this. It is good has record with dates.

Now to all is clear how all that was build in Greece with loans which never can be repaid. That is what happens when you try to turn village in urban city in one decade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12