Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SkaNdErBeG View Drop Down
Newbiе
Newbiе

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SkaNdErBeG Quote  Post ReplyReply #61 Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:38
hmm... cant really imagine where that is.. Have been to Skopje many times, but cant seem to remember any Holiday Inn ...Crazy

would it be too much to ask, sometime when you have the time - to post a map of Skopje, with some drawn red lines or something which illustrates this area?

anyway.. this is the most important thing, to have a regulation plan which allows such developments to happen.. Infrastructure can maybe be improved eventually in coordination with the projects...

Don't be surprised if something really cool shows up in Skopje... Investors can suddenly show up, the regulation plan is the most important factor for such developments... just like a 165m complex which was unimaginable some recent time ago - is now suddenly U/C in Prishtina..Cheers

Edited by SkaNdErBeG - 19-Apr-2008 at 20:46
Cloverstack View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #62 Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 20:57
Originally posted by pbanks

we are dissatisfied with the location (the holiday inn parking lot). The infrastructure there just can't cope with projects of that magnitude.

Who is dissatisfied? I thought you liked the location! I sure do.

And I don't see a problem with the infrastructure. As Skanderbeg noted, the infrastructure can be developed even during the construction of the actual buildings. Why do you need to have the infrastructure completed, even before you start digging?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #63 Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 21:11
Skanderbeg, I roughly outlined the area with red. ATM there is a big parking lot and some old houses there.

Three buildings of up to 300m are allowed on the location now Crazy

Edited by Cloverstack - 19-Apr-2008 at 21:12
pbanks View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote pbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply #64 Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 21:18
Originally posted by Cloverstack

Who is dissatisfied? I thought you liked the location! I sure do.

And I don't see a problem with the infrastructure. As Skanderbeg noted, the infrastructure can be developed even during the construction of the actual buildings. Why do you need to have the infrastructure completed, even before you start digging?

I think we all agreed that the Madzir malo strip next to the train station is better because it would be surrounded by big boulevards including the future Krusevska republika which would be able to handle the incoming/outgoing traffic. The holiday in location is just very limited because it faces just one big boulevard.
Newbiе
Newbiе

Quote SkaNdErBeG Quote  Post ReplyReply #65 Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 22:21
Cloverstack, thanks alot for the map.... 300m?! wow... that's kind of too big
The location looks pretty good, with the river and all next by, plus seems like it is in the heart of the center? Although, Im not really informed with the current infrastructure situation in that area, or its potential...

Maybe regular streets in that area, can be expanded to 4 lanes in the future...

btw, cloverstack; how big in square meters is this skyscraper regulated area?

Edited by SkaNdErBeG - 19-Apr-2008 at 22:24
vardar View Drop Down

Quote vardar Quote  Post ReplyReply #66 Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 23:57
Yeah the 300 meters is science fiction, first of all as you would know if youve been to Skopje theres a lot of empty spaces in the city center (mainly from the earthquake).....now these areas are slowly being filled but in my opinion it will be a long while until these are "filled" and theres enough demand for skyscrapers....However as you said an investor can show up like in Prishtina and voila you have a beatiful scryscraper going up Yes . About the area i dont know but to give you a rough idea id GUESS  50-60.000 m2
BTW there was an article in the papers today about the main investor of ENK Edmond Krliu aparently he is an albanian from macedonia  and the paper was saying how our companies were hoping to get a piece of the pie LOL It also said he bought some construction company in Kosovo and that he's building the scyscraper on the land of the company.....
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #67 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 00:48
Originally posted by pbanks

I think we all agreed that the Madzir malo strip next to the train station is better because it would be surrounded by big boulevards including the future Krusevska republika which would be able to handle the incoming/outgoing traffic. The holiday in location is just very limited because it faces just one big boulevard.

Madzir-Maalo is an exelent location too, but why should those both exclude each other. In fact I always cheered for a continuous highrise cluster from GTC, all the way to the Transport Center.

I think there wouldn't be problems with upgraded infrastructure. The holiday in location can be also connected to the underground corridor and to the current "494th Street" (which is supposed to be multilane and connected to 3rd Macedonian brigade Boulevard.

On the other hand, buildings in Madzir-Maalo won't have any direct connection to Krusevska because of the nature of that corridor. But that too is not a problem, if the overall network is correctly planned.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #68 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 00:48
Skanderbeg, 300m is the maximum allowed height, not a requirement
pbanks View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote pbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply #69 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:00
Originally posted by Cloverstack

Madzir-Maalo is an exelent location too, but why should those both exclude each other. In fact I always cheered for a continuous highrise cluster from GTC, all the way to the Transport Center.

I think there wouldn't be problems with upgraded infrastructure. The holiday in location can be also connected to the underground corridor and to the current "494th Street" (which is supposed to be multilane and connected to 3rd Macedonian brigade Boulevard.

On the other hand, buildings in Madzir-Maalo won't have any direct connection to Krusevska because of the nature of that corridor. But that too is not a problem, if the overall network is correctly planned.

the infrastructure is my only concern for the holiday inn location. I'm not as optimistic as you that it can be easily modified to fulfill the needs.

On the other hand I'm sure Krusevska republika can be easily modified with a junction near the hypotetical cluster which won't alter its primary role (being a backbone artery) but it will easily handle the incoming/outgoing traffic for the SC cluster.

A cluster stretching from holiday inn to the railway station is also nice. Then again I wouldn't mind the holiday inn part to be urbanised in the 'Mal Ring' spirit and the SC cluster to take another direction, following the line of Krusevska republika starting from the railway station all the way to UKIM.

Then again...none of this is happening and even the 3x??? meters over at holiday inn are far fetched at the moment and I doubt we will need such a big cluster in Skopje any time soon anyways.
Newbiе
Newbiе

Quote SkaNdErBeG Quote  Post ReplyReply #70 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:09
Originally posted by vardar

Yeah the 300 meters is science fiction, first of all as you would know if youve been to Skopje theres a lot of empty spaces in the city center (mainly from the earthquake).....now these areas are slowly being filled but in my opinion it will be a long while until these are "filled" and theres enough demand for skyscrapers....However as you said an investor can show up like in Prishtina and voila you have a beatiful scryscraper going up Yes . About the area i dont know but to give you a rough idea id GUESS  50-60.000 m2
BTW there was an article in the papers today about the main investor of ENK Edmond Krliu aparently he is an albanian from macedonia  and the paper was saying how our companies were hoping to get a piece of the pie LOL It also said he bought some construction company in Kosovo and that he's building the scyscraper on the land of the company.....

300 m would definetly stand too much out, when there isnt an existing skyline of 150 - 200m in the "background"... But as Clover pointed out, it is only a maximum height limit, not a requirement...

After the recent developments in Prishtina, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happends also in Skopje eventually... I have realised, nothing is impossible, but a requirement is investors willing to take big risks..

About Edmond Kirliu, yes he is from Skopje, and owns lots of businesses in Macedonia... About macedonian companies "getting a piece of the pie" is very possible and not so surprising, since it has already happened. Out of a team of roughly 80 architects and engineers (several studios and engineering-consultant companies)- about 10 where macedonian... Cheers

Edited by SkaNdErBeG - 20-Apr-2008 at 01:11
lslcrew View Drop Down

Quote lslcrew Quote  Post ReplyReply #71 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:15
Offtopic: Skanderbeg you mentioned Prishtina. I like the goverment builnig. If you have some images or renders you can post them in a separete thread. But first i would ask pbanks to open a new sub-forum for the projects outside of macedonia! Till now all the project we have been processing were from here.
pbanks View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote pbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply #72 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:18

The forum general forum sections are for Macedonia only. However I wouldn't mind at all if such thread is opened in the English subsection or in Останати теми (which is the general section). When I think about it Останати теми would be the most suitable place for such a thread.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #73 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:20
@ pbanks

Although I don't share your pessimism about the transport infrastructure capacity (upgrading needed and possible of course), I'm also pessimistic when it comes to the actual construction of skyscrapers any time soon. Like vardar said, there are just too many big empty plots in Skopje's wider center, for an investor to want to go very high... For a start I'd be more than satisfied with one or two 20+ projects in addition to a single 30+ project.

Edited by Cloverstack - 20-Apr-2008 at 01:21
Newbiе
Newbiе

Quote SkaNdErBeG Quote  Post ReplyReply #74 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:22
if there is such an interest, I wouldn't mind posting something... but of course it would have to be posted in its appropriate part of the forum... dewrob, what does "Останати теми" mean?
pbanks View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote pbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply #75 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:35
Originally posted by SkaNdErBeG

if there is such an interest, I wouldn't mind posting something... but of course it would have to be posted in its appropriate part of the forum... dewrob, what does "Останати теми" mean?

it means "General subjects" we already have topics about architecture from other countries there so if you are posting something that would be the place to open a new thread

Cheers
Newbiе
Newbiе

Quote SkaNdErBeG Quote  Post ReplyReply #76 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 01:48
ok cool
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Cloverstack Quote  Post ReplyReply #77 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 02:41
Се сетив на уште една работа што ја имам приметено во врска со локацијата кај Холидеј Ин.

Од Кале, убедливо најгрд поглед има во тој правец. Не зборувам за самиот град, туку за позадината - индустриската зона и рудникот Усје. Буквално го расипува впечатокот на целиот поглед од Кале. Со високи градби токму на тоа место, сосема ќе се скрие таа грдотија, а наместо тоа ќе имаме убав поглед. Мислам дека ова не е воопшто небитно. Кале треба да се претвори во едно многу раздвижено место, а погледот треба да е главна причина за тоа.
lslcrew View Drop Down

Quote lslcrew Quote  Post ReplyReply #78 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 02:55
А една друга работа кловер. Јас се уште неможам да си замислам како би изгледал поглед од тиа стокатници. Од горе ќе можеме границата да ја надгледуваме!!
ProMKD View Drop Down

Quote ProMKD Quote  Post ReplyReply #79 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 03:06
Originally posted by lslcrew

А една друга работа кловер. Јас се уште неможам да си замислам како би изгледал поглед од тиа стокатници. Од горе ќе можеме границата да ја надгледуваме!!

Озбилно.. и навечер замисли.. светла од секаде ќе има. Ќе мора да обезбедиме, да не дојде некој американски снајперист одозгоре па да гаѓа :P
blejdsk View Drop Down

Quote blejdsk Quote  Post ReplyReply #80 Posted: 20-Apr-2008 at 03:07
Odozgora ,,,,,moes da ripnes na Vodno ...LOLLOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>