Trending: Older & Warm
Traction: 9,551 clicks in 90 w
Interest: 2.5 minutes

Concept: Fibre Optic Light
Related: 70 examples / 54 photos
Segment: Neutral, 12-55

~

сето ова во теретана за мозок лесно е изводливо и за џабе

How easy is it to make your own fiber optic chandelier?

I haven't tried it myself, so the following is just a guess..

1. It would depend heavily on the availability and cost of optical fiber in your area.

2. Assuming you're making it for decorative purposes, you probably don't really need much special equipment for handing the fiber.

3. You would probably want to use (relatively?) cheaper plastic fibers.

4. You probably want to have decently pretty light source(s) which you can then beam down the fibers, and align the fibers at the source(s).

So actually it doesn't seem all that hard.. but I've never tried it. Just a guess.

https://www.quora.com/How-easy-is-it-to-make-your-own-fiber-optic-chandelier

Related Questions
Is it possible to weave fiber optic strands to existing fabric?

beTon View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #202 Posted: 28-Dec-2014 at 15:52

Verojatno so prviov sneg kje treba elkata i pooriginalno da ja ukrasam, a za shto dobro bi doshlo da mozam da skrotam i popraktichna FO skulptura od luster

jasno od spunt-aber i polesno izvodliva pojava pr. so pomosh na intezivni diy dumi

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #203 Posted: 29-Dec-2014 at 05:13

kako osnova za ova dobro kje dojde led stroboskop ili dmx, a verojatno kje zavrshi rabota i obichen led no nashtiman [1] ili obicna color-wheel folija vrz obichna sijalica kolku eto svetloto na elkata da menuva boi

www.cheaplights.com/cgi-cheaplights/sb/ss_mb.cgi

www.thomann.de/gb/blowouts_GF_lighting_and_stage_HL_blowout.html

za sigurno ova retko koj bi go pravel no dokolku chovek miluva primeneta umetnost bar od dosada bi remetel zimski kinetichki skulpturi za koi na kraj i nikoj nemora da znae iako logichno e ako svetne ubavo muabetot istiot i pred pendjer pa i u dvor da se parkira za chalamot da dojde ko svetla satisfakcija

najchesto narod ko vo sluchajov so Borko doteruva samo do ritam od pozajmeni ili prikupeni lajtsoua no i vo takov slucaj ne e na odmet falenjeto

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #204 Posted: 29-Dec-2014 at 09:21

normalno ova treba da e dobro isprogramirano em inventivno nashtimano http://forums.lightorama.com [1]

~

inaku postoive prikladni za katolickiot Bozik so ogled deka na istok i poretko i pomalku se pridava svetovno-festivalsko znachenje na Rozdestvoto Hristovo iako logikata e najspektakularno da se odbelezi toj den simbolichno no ako prejde vo kich shto fajde od seto toa, primer dovolno e eden muving-hed pred Crkva a ushte povkje ako e nekoja antichka bazilika za da potencirame deka neli toj den ni e osobeno biten

sepak kichot e zabava za decata, pa od toj aspekt ako toa gi napravi poradosni nemam protiv i sveshtenicite da se shetaat so lajtshou na glava ako taka spasuvaat dushi, prosto ako se dovolno milostivi toa bi go napravile bar na planina ako ne vo grad ona da se proshetaat so iluminiran oreol nad glava

Home » Do It Yourself (DIY) » Animate/Computerize » DMX » Moving to DMX technology in your shows has potential

Moving to DMX technology in your shows has potential

From the Spring 2009 edition of PlanetChristmas magazine. By Charles Belcher

When each of us purchased our favorite software and hardware systems to create an extreme computerized Christmas light display, we were given the opportunity to show the world, or at least the next door neighbors, our passion for Christmas decorating. We didn’t give a second thought about how the technology worked. We just loaded the software, took a controller out of the box, threw a light string on the floor and jumped in head first with the biggest ear-to-ear smile on our face since discovering presents under the Christmas tree as a kid.

When Chuck Smith asked if I would be willing to write a column for PlanetChristmas magazine about using DMX technology in Christmas displays I immediately decided to avoid wading into the arcane technical aspects of the protocol. A simple search on the subject revealed enough reading material to last a lifetime and I knew people interested in DMX-512A (which is the official terminology for what some call simply DMX) have already read themselves to sleep for too many evenings.
I have been in the concert sound and lighting business most of my adult life. Backstage at a show when a situation comes up and a newbie doesn’t know what to do, we jokingly say, “Do something, even if it is wrong.” What we really mean is they have an opportunity to learn from a new experience. Now you have an opportunity to do the same and steer some of your creative energy down this road called DMX-512A.

Why should jumping into DMX-512A be any different than when we initially got into computerizing our Christmas displays? Why can’t we just add a DMX based element here or there and dress up the display a little? Well, you can by following a few simple rules of the protocol similar to the rules you already follow with your current set-up.

There are many fixtures and devices that are DMX-512A controllable which can add a new dimension to any Christmas display, make it distinctly unique from others and create a buzz among the viewers. Think about surrounding a snowman wireframe in low lying fog to give it that North Pole frozen tundra image. If you live in an area where the weather never gets bone-chilling cold you can drop a curtain of giant snowflakes in front of your mega-tree and watch the people’s faces as they imagine being at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City. If you want to go from a static look to a dynamic scene, wash a wall of your home with a few LED color changers in deeply saturated blue light, have a moving mirror fixture project a gobo of a red sleigh flying through the blue night sky with the coroplast harvest moon you made slowly descending in the distance on thin wires connected to a DMX-512A enabled windshield wiper motor as your audio track captures Santa saying “Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.” Wow!
DMX-512A is used everywhere now and taking advantage of it to enhance your display is easier than you think. But, there’s so much more to consider. Think about what you can do from the perspective of your viewers.

Don’t give the audience too much of any fixture or device special effects. Light and color influence people’s mood just as music does. Let the mood of the display paint the scene the audience should enter. Program the light and music to lead your viewers through the door. Use sound effects to emulate reality and use space in the light sequence to bring pause to the overall feel of the program.
Present magic moments in your show almost as reveals then segue to another scene or segment. Make your display unique by being interactive with the viewer’s imagination. If your audience feels as though they have been somewhere, they will come back and bring others with them.

The basic qualities of lighting in any display are intensity, color, direction and movement.
The use of these fundamentals will define your display. Though most lighting fixtures that are DMX-512A controllable come with a higher price tag than conventional light strings, they far surpass typical Christmas lights in the ability to bring out these elements. If you can afford to add a few to your display then use these qualities to accent certain lyrics in the music, enhance the general tone and/or bring the viewer to the meaning of a passage.

Think about using a moving head fixture to build anticipation. Let it create a large twinkling white light beam that moves from the sky and narrows as it comes to rest in a flesh tone pink color on your nativity scene. The intensity of the movement, color change and direction of the beam heightened by dimming all of the other lights in your display will make the nativity scene the sole focus. Your audience will be in that manger until the scene fades and gives way to another interesting feature in your display.

Most importantly, your lighting composition must reveal objects and scenery in proportion to their importance by building a visual picture. Random bounces between unrelated elements in your display break continuity which is a precious commodity in building a sense of direction and intended purpose. Use substance over form. Don’t make your show a project of filling up the 0.05 second timing squares in a software sequencing program.

Whatever you do with DMX-512A, don’t forget that you have designed a Christmas light display, not a science project. You put your heart and sweat in it because you want to share it with everyone. If you can create warm memories for others, they will give you many great memories in return.
We’ll get into more DMX-512A implementation details in future columns. Between now and then, do an Internet search on “DMX lighting” to get a general idea of the incredible potential for your display.

http://www.planetchristmas.com/moving-to-dmx/

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #205 Posted: 30-Dec-2014 at 00:01

na Istok za Vasilica imame klopotarci mesto lanterni, sigurno kombinacija od dvete kje bide teshka egzotika
nalik brkanje zli duhovi i so zvuk i so svetlina, normalno pokraj maskite na vasilicharite
definitivno najhardkor foklor koj ne e ni rastikvaren ko kaj protestantite nit pak zasvilen ko kaj budistite

~

crno bel minimalizam - [1]

megalomanija vo boja - [1][2][3][4]

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #206 Posted: 30-Dec-2014 at 11:10

ubavo srochen konzumeristichki spin sred makati so pomosh 1m svetilki [1]
Ayala Triangle Gardens Lights & Sounds Show Schedule: Nov. 12 - Dec. 31
Watch the lights come to life in Ayala Triangle Gardens every 30 minutes from 6:00 to 9:00 PM [1]

]/center]
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #207 Posted: 30-Dec-2014 at 20:24

da ne otekuvam so lajtsoua no ova shto go imaat parkirano vo Singapurskiot park e za pofalba em anti-konzumeristichko iako tokmu-fantazmagorichno http://gardensbythebay.christmaswonderland.sg/SpecialEvent.html [1][2]

Edited by Џоле - 30-Dec-2014 at 20:43
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #208 Posted: 01-Jan-2015 at 09:30
nenad View Drop Down

Quote nenad Quote  Post ReplyReply #209 Posted: 01-Jan-2015 at 09:46

Edited by nenad - 01-Jan-2015 at 09:49
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #210 Posted: 01-Jan-2015 at 10:30

минимализам во боја за кој сеуште им се наоша вишок нуклеарна енергија

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/nabana-no-sato-tunnel-japan

порано се наоѓаше на тјубот и профи видео, или сега ми се крие истото угоре удолу

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #211 Posted: 04-Jan-2015 at 19:39

не е за чудење што Скопјани немаат пари за расфрлање по осветлување за фасади, но ме чуди како и зошто странските инвеститори немаат волја за ова, па и со реклами се шкрти а освен рамстор и сони незнам кој друг има светлечка реклама в центар, да не беа ова општонародните торти СКОтје ќе останеше едвај само со осветлена тврдина, а и на неа до пред некоја година немаше асолно рефлекторско осветлување

Originally posted by beTon

од истата локација видео во очи нова година

колку само ситно е осветлено Скопје од овој агол

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #212 Posted: 05-Jan-2015 at 14:31

особено сум против вајт'најт манифестации а заради екстра просторот кој го оставаат за аздис и паганизам, но кога веќе народ ја има заглавено и тоа под покровителство на градот, негледам зошто државата не би вложила во ласерски рефлектори за projection mapping а со кои долгорочно би се покривале секакви манифестации односно фасадно би се анимирал градот бар за празници

со ич ноу-хау може и од кале да направат зоетроп, еве ова со куполава во Мелбурн изгледа спектакуларно, само уште нашиве куполи да беа подобни за слична комбинација, ако иншто друго ќе ги биде за dmx лајтшоу

http://www.build.mk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=312&PID=108434#108434

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #213 Posted: 07-Jan-2015 at 13:31

ако се нема камен и акал за по фасади, бар по макети нека прават лајтшоу
таман за Децата да се радуваат а Старците да ги дрма носталгија

Edited by Џоле - 02-Feb-2015 at 08:42
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #214 Posted: 08-Jan-2015 at 11:55

и апстрактно да тераат нема да згрешат

http://projection-mapping.org/the-history-of-projection-mapping/

http://projection-mapping.org/tag/projection-mapping-software/

http://vimeo.com/the1024/videos/page:1

http://vjunion.net/category/vj-software

- MM http://www.madmapper.com/madmapper/features-and-concept/

- Resolume http://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11500

3) How do DJs/VJs interface with the projection system?
We are connected to the projection system and do all our live visuals using Resolume Avenue & Garagecube Madmapper. The visuals from Resolume Avenue are sent through a syphon server straight into Madmapper where the mapping setup takes place. The Dj’s only interact with the system through an Audio input (from the main Mixer) that is connected to a Macbook Pro. All our effects react to that sound level using the Low – Mid & High frequencies.

4) What does the rig consist of? Projection, LED, lighting?
The projection mapping rig only consist of one projector. We covered the 18 meter wide stage with one Barco FLM HD20 projector with a 1,1-1,4 Lens using a Dvi Cable. There are no LED setups involved, everything on the stage is projected with the projector. There are a few Spots / Strobes and other lighting involved but this was kept to its absolute minimum.

5) What kind/lumens are the projector(s)?

The Barco FLM HD20 is an ultra-bright projector specified with a 20.000 Lumens output.

6) Special playback gear?

We control Resolume Avenue with 2 Midi control units. The first we mainly use for effects & adjustments, it’s the Codanova vmx v64 controller. The second unit we use is a simple Ipad running the Lemur application from Liine. This makes it possible to create our own interface based on our personal needs for every live performance. For the Houza Palooza 2012 show we mainly used it for triggering clips & making adjustments to the BPM synch & re-syncing – Also a control for the RGB values was involved on the Lemur application.

7) Type of signal sent and/or processing?

As previous mentioned we created all the visuals from scratch before the event took place, using Adobe After Effects & Maxon Cinema 4d. There was no Processing involved and no live generative visuals. We manipulated all the different clips (+/- 800 in total) Live in the VJ software and in sync with our own perception of the music. Everything was sent with Dvi from a Macbook Pro straight into the Projector.

Minimal setup with a Maximum output.
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #215 Posted: 08-Jan-2015 at 19:00

толку камен се фрли за осветлување по Ск’14
а не им текна да пазарат ласерски проектори или бар 50к лампаши
а и сега не е касно капак и да им дадат на градежен за семинарски да штанцаат проекции

греота е што многу малку фалеше за се ова да биде монументално макар и со стиропор
сигурно еден ден ќе жалат што ја пропуштиле шансата но што е тука е
камо да имаа акал ова се предвреме да го осмислат вака

та ако може просто и за домашна атмосфера да се реметат проекции [1][2] колку повеќе за општонарона, но со оглед дека скопскта патина поприлично е недоносена и на секоја зграда да опнат филмои н крај впечатокот ќе биде сиромашен нормално бидејки тендерски ќе се оди со маперите и мапингот

уствари подобро и што не размислувале во овој правец бидејки резултатот ќе беше прилично кич - таман ко на ова хоум едишн проекцииве, но ако некогаш го оправаат вака Скопскиот центар нека размислуваат за кинетички платнени паноа, со кои би ја дополнувале недоносеноста околу претопите и меѓу спомениците и воопшто сите неокласични згради, бар со бланко банери по кои би вртеле и општонародни кампањи во слободно време

ова би одело ко екстра закрпа и за балустрираните огради по кејот и мостовите, што би се рекло да ги спакуваат во силверскрин платна а потем по нив да проектираат, веројатно најбрзопотезна закрпа, иако добро би било да се оди и со пофутуристички опции
Originally posted by +Protagorist

realno ko reshenie utre sigurno kje vidime nekakvi zastakleni nadgradbi na se shto e nedonoseno vo patiniranjeto, ta ko shto modernizmot bidna revidiran od postojnite vlasti, zoshto nekoi drugi ne bi ja revidirale i pod'opraile neoklasikata, bar toa ogradite so balustri eftino i lesno mozhe da gi trampaat so lcd-plexy koj bi sluzhel i ko paneli za promocija na javni kampanji,nastani ili praznici onaka od ogradata na most oko pa preku ogradata dolzh kejot se do balustriranite ogradi po prozori i krovoi vkluchitelno i onaa na vladata, samo ne smeat vo nikoj sluchaj da si dozvolat komercijalni reklami da vrvat

+Protagorist View Drop Down

Quote +Protagorist Quote  Post ReplyReply #216 Posted: 14-Jan-2015 at 03:10

ги почастил интерактивно светло печурките за големи да растат    

http://petapixel.com/2015/01/01/projector-brought-forest-turns-nature-glowing-wonderland/

HaјсилнoтoOpужјe е вo caмитeHac cинaпoвo3pнo co НaдeжВepaЉубoв
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #217 Posted: 14-Jan-2015 at 22:30
beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #218 Posted: 17-Jan-2015 at 16:11

едно време импровизирав проектор кој би дотерал потенцијално до 25к лампа а тоа да не ме кошта 50к евра, но тајмингот за партито и волјата на екипата не се поклопија па проекторот и не дочека да види природна проекција на карпа иако затера затворено по одаи

кваката во главном е во ладењето, а бидејки галамата ќе беше загарантирана па ни бучавата од вентилаторите нема да беше проблем, инаку скратената верзија кошташе смешно ефтино со помал рефлектор додека сликата одеше преку отворен екран од лаптоп со фреснел леќи од графоскоп

ова е добра закрпа за балкански услови со оглед дека горењето на ламби е загарантирано а нивното сервисирање воопшто не е ефтино, дополнително кај нас ваква профи опрема и да може да сидозволи човек ќему биде жал да ја извади на отворено

http://www.retrothing.com/2006/06/build_your_own_.html

плус само со импровизација би можело веднаш да се искористат LEP-oите

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?59154-Cutting-through-the-hype-surrounding-Light-Emitting-Plasma-(LEP)-lamps

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #219 Posted: 17-Jan-2015 at 18:14

http://vjforums.info/threads/lumenlab-com-diy-lcd-projectors.4804/

http://hacknmod.com/hack/diy-projector-with-hdtv-quality/

јасно освен ефтин проектор за дома неопходно е и ефтино платно за истиот т.н. силверскрин, а кое исто не е баш ефтино, можеби добра закрпа е самида обоите платно со адекватни бои

http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_$100.htm [1]

beTon View Drop Down

Quote beTon Quote  Post ReplyReply #220 Posted: 17-Jan-2015 at 18:19

How can I make my lamp last longer?

The following is a list of preventative measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of your projector lamp failing early:

- Do not allow the projector to overheat; the number one cause of lamp failure is excessive temperature stress.

- Allow the projector lamp to cool for at least 10 minutes after powering down, and never move the projector during this period or while the lamp is on. The lamp is much more susceptible to damage while it is hot.

- Operate your projector in a clean, relatively dust-free environment to prevent clogging of fans and air filters. These filters should be cleaned regularly.
Allow plenty of space around the projector's fan or exhaust so excess heat can be dispersed properly.

- Utilize the "economy mode" if it is available with your projector model and is appropriate for your situation. This mode decreases projector brightness but the lamp will last longer.

- Never leave a projector in very hot or very cold environments, for example in a car on a summer or winter day.

http://www.projectorlampexperts.ca/LampAdvice-LampLife.aspx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>